In all reality, shouldn't this be classified as "Free Sex"? Entitling it "free love" is demeaning to the true concept of love as being between 2 beings in a non-sexual manner.

Just saying.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
In all reality, shouldn't this be classified as "Free Sex"? Entitling it "free love" is demeaning to the true concept of love as being between 2 beings in a non-sexual manner.

Just saying.

I guess it comes from the usage of sex and love interchangeably. i.e. referring to sex as "making love".
I believe in free thought. If someone wants to get married then let them, if not, let them.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
free "love" = free STDs. I think I'll pass. Like many hippy ideas, its great in concept but terrible in practice.
Certain friends of mine embrace it with aplomb, but I don't think the ethics of it is what they find so attractive.

Meh.

For most, polygamy's (in this sense) just a phase. You grow out of it unless you want to end up on some documentary with Louis Theroux.
Last edited by red157 at Jun 17, 2010,
Free love like on the free love freeway?

Quote by Amos_Moses
free "love" = free STDs. I think I'll pass. Like many hippy ideas, its great in concept but terrible in practice.

+1
Well I'll pass. Good concept, but practiced could turn into disaster as some guy on here said.
Yeah man. I'm down for free anal.

It sounds good on paper, but when practiced in life I think it wouldn't work so well.

Analedit: yeah, what the guy above me said.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jun 17, 2010,
I don't think anyone actually read the article.

"While the phrase free love is often associated with promiscuity in the popular imagination, especially in reference to the counterculture of the1960s and 1970s, historically the free-love movement has not advocated multiple sexual partners or short-term sexual relationships. Rather, it has argued that love relations that are freely entered into should not be regulated by law."
Quote by metaldud536
The picture with all the orgies on the grass is funny.

I wasn't even going to bother clicking on the link until I read this
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by TheChaz

And I think you missed the point where 'free love' became a byword for sexual carte blanche.

If you're going to abandon the concept of marriage it's inevitable some are going to leave monogamy behind as well.
Quote by TheChaz

"While the phrase free love is often associated with promiscuity in the popular imagination, especially in reference to the counterculture of the1960s and 1970s, historically the free-love movement has not advocated multiple sexual partners or short-term sexual relationships. Rather, it has argued that love relations that are freely entered into should not be regulated by law."

This.

I think you're all misunderstanding the concept and blowing it out of proportion. If you own a copy of The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey, there's a chapter about free love. It explains it really well.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You mine as well ask "How does The Pit feel about the idea/movement of "STDs"."

We all love catching pokémon. I don't think we have much of a problem with catching all STD's.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
asi have heavy anarchist roots im in favor of almost all freedom ideas

This too I support.

Also nothingrocks. STFU
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
lolnah Aids.

I don't have a problem with it. As long as I don't have to participate.
Free AIDS woo!

Edit:
Quote by guitarist41
Free love like on the free love freeway?
The love is free and the freeway's long!
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jun 17, 2010,
Me like fuck.

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You mine as well ask "How does The Pit feel about the idea/movement of "STDs"."

"While the phrase free love is often associated with promiscuity in the popular imagination, especially in reference to the counterculture of the 1960s and 1970s, historically the free-love movement has not advocated multiple sexual partners or short-term sexual relationships. Rather, it has argued that love relations that are freely entered into should not be regulated by law."

lrn2read

If we're going by free love being something not tied into law, I wholeheartedly agree. If it's the mindset that you can have sex with anyone you want while you have a partner, no thank you.