I have a stock Crate 4x12 cab and i'm looking to upgrade. I've had it for a while and it seems pretty sturdy, but i'm not liking the tone from the speakers. It just doesn't have enough high end bite to cut through the mix. I'm thinking about just buying 4 Eminence swamp thing speakers and putting them in there. Would this be worth it or should I just buy a new cab altogether?
http://avatarspeakers.com/ Avatar cabs are really nice and affordable. They put your choice of celestion speakers in them.

It might be cheaper to get one of thiers than to replace four speakers in an existing cab. And you can sell the cab you have.
4 swamp thangs is way to many swamp thangs anyway. you'll just hear bass. I mean you'll get highs and mids and stuff too but mostly bass. Also, where do you run this cab? At home or are you gigging with it. Swamp Thangs have an efficiency of 101-103. Forget about bedroom level with them.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
honestly, with the prices of things on craigslist, i would buy a new cab and sell the crate. speakers would set you back ~$300, and you could find a cab for $500 with vintage 30's or some other well known speaker, and probably could get the difference selling your cab.

just my $.02
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You could easily score a nice Marshall 1960 on the CL for around 3, which is what I did. There's no use replacing speakers when they're $100-140 a piece anyways.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"