so as some of you may have read from my last post, im startin a "rebuild"
so i have gotten pups outta the way, but now im stuck witht he dilemma of tuners.
(i already chose my bridge) so i like the Hipshot lockers, the Hipshot Xtenders, and the Grover Rotomatics. i would be buying for a 3+3 headstock.
SO: which of the three is the best? and if there is better in the 60-70$ range, what are they?
mucho gracias amigos!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
it's an LP shape, but i kinda wanted locking tuners, thats why im kinda backing off of the grovers. but i thought the idea of the Hipshot Xtenders was really cool, and im prettyu sure hipshot makes good stuff, i know Perry Ormsby uses a lot of Hipshot stuff.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
if you don't have a trem, then you wont really need locking tuners, even normal bends wont really untune the guitar. trust me, grovers are really good, but if you do have a trem on the guitar, go ahead and get locking tuners,
also lol at the sig.
mis batidos de llevar a todos los muchachos a la yarda = my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard.

thats right. i know spanish
the reason im kinda bent on locking tuners is cuz im lazy. i hate winding the string so many times, and sometimes you mess it up and theres too many winds, or too little winds. this way, i can string it thru, lock it, and tune it.
so are there any locking tuners you can suggest? 60-80$ prefferably
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
Schaller, Gotoh, and Sperzel makes good locking tuners.

Though I recommend the Schallers since I have em on my all Non-trem guitars.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
groovy, thanks guys
could anyone explain the differences between 12:1 and 18:1? i know that it is the ratio between gears/turns and whatever, but i've seen in some reviews it'll say "and its got 18:1 ratio" in a good way, so is the greater the better or vice versa?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
Quote by Dr.Tong
groovy, thanks guys
could anyone explain the differences between 12:1 and 18:1? i know that it is the ratio between gears/turns and whatever, but i've seen in some reviews it'll say "and its got 18:1 ratio" in a good way, so is the greater the better or vice versa?

You can tune more accurately with a higher ratio one, but it will turn slower.
Quote by Tinderwet
You can tune more accurately with a higher ratio one, but it will turn slower.
by it turns slower you mean the tuning will be less affected by how much you turn it compared to the lower ratio one, right?
Quote by olix95
by it turns slower you mean the tuning will be less affected by how much you turn it compared to the lower ratio one, right?

Yes. You'll need to turn it further to get the same change in pitch as with a lower ratio one. In other words, it's got a higher resolution.