So, I've been playing guitar for awhile, and I'd love to mix some country licks into my style. I've always heard that one of the best ways to get that sort of feel down is to just learn a few songs, try and get inside the hands and heads of the guys who played it originally; can anybody recommend a few songs for me to learn, nothing particularly hard(I'm still relatively beginner-level on guitar), to get that kind of twangy, pedal-steel guitar feel going?

Additionally, any tips on what pick-ups to use when you're going country(versus, say, blues and rock), and any good exercises for even trying to pick up the chicken pickin' style of playing?
Mud On The Tires outro solo thing by Brad Paisly is pretty country.

About all I can think of for some reason though haha
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
The best way to get good at country music is to impregnate your sister.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
A great first step to getting the Country sound is to get a Telecaster, since they're built for a twangy sound.
Not really... I had a Tele for all of 2 weeks but returned it cuz my Schecter (Thank God for coil splits) got close enough. The instruments don't really matter much if you're just trying to get the actual techniques down.
I wasn't saying you needed to have a Tele, rather that it is a good guitar for the type of music the OP wants to learn.
Quote by Skynyrd890
The instruments don't really matter much if you're just trying to get the actual techniques down.

+1
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
My bad. I read it kinda as "get a tele" not "good place to start..."

Yeah, it is great for the music. I loved mine, but I don't do Country enough to justify it. I miss you Tina the Tele lol

Carry on.
Brad Paisley's "Play" album
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Tster
Country Song by Blink-182. It has the country vibe fully.

"Shut your ****ing face, Uncle ****er". Oh man, what a great live album.