New (Practice) Amp Day! Heres a crappy pic (:

Yup, It's the famous Peavey Vypyr (15w) that everyone talks so highly about.

I'm giving my Spider III 15w away and thought it was pretty shitty but it served as my first amp a long time ago and a portable amp. I went to guitar center for the first time ever yesterday and checked out lots of things and the employee's were nice and informative. I played the vypyr for 30min and decided It was great, especially for $100.

The first thing I tried on it was the cleans. I especially like the Fender Twin Reverb model. Destroys the Spider III in everyway, really sparkles.

The distorted models were pretty cool too, they also stomped the Spider III. There are what, 12 or so amp models while the spider III has 4? They sound pretty good for a $100 solid state amp. I like the Diezel model and the 6505 model and generally they all sound good and unique. Unique, something that the distorted channels of the Spider III didnt have. The overdrive channels don't have the power and crunch that the Mark V has obviously, but thats a whole new game thats 20x the price of the vypyr along with it being a tube amp and not having a crappy single speaker. I think the Vypyr would sound a lot better if It had a good speaker in it, but its expected to have a crappy one because thats how peavey saves money. I'm not complaining!

This is a great practice amp and I highly suggest it for portability and some great solid state sounds! I'd buy another if this crapped out on me.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I have to ask... why a Vypyr 15 when you already have one of the most epic amps around?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
I have to ask... why a Vypyr 15 when you already have one of the most epic amps around?

It's not practical for just practicing. Not very portable either.

But I kinda agree. If I had a Mark V, I'd be playing the hell out of it.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by ragingkitty

A) Mark V isn't so small, so I don't want to bring that around everytime I want to jam, just most of the time (:
B) I'm currently in Washington D.C. getting ready for the move and I didn't have any kind of amp because the Mark V is back in Hawaii so I bought something great for $100. It'll tide me over.

Keep in mind I would never use this over the Mark V if I wanted to sound good or really get into the groove, but this amp is great for practicing and mobility.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory