http://www.tradetang.com/wholesale-Electric_c220507/2.html
I clicked on an add for this site. Looks like nice name brand guitars, they say made in the usa on the back in the pictures, and they have serial numbers, but they are ridiculously cheap, because according to the description, they are "made in china with parts imported from the US." that doesn't really make much sense to me. Anybody know about this, have any experience with this site? I'm assuming it's just flashy crap, made to look good, but they can't be that bad can they?
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
okay the shitty engrish isn't helping to persuade me
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Counterfeit guitars are unworthy guitars. Avoid them like the plague.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
yeah figured it was just a scammer site
-Van the Fuckin' Man
This is just some chinese bullshit, selling off some fake guitars as Gibson, Fender etc... don't bother! Buy your guitars from reputable dealers.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Don’t listen to these guys. Of course a cheap Chinese copy sold by a web site that barely functions is going to be worth what you pay for it. You should order one right now!
Quote by seemeel
This is just some chinese bullshit, selling off some fake guitars as Gibson, Fender etc... don't bother! Buy your guitars from reputable dealers.

Or ebay, which is what most of us do
Quote by gacharya
Unplayed '59 Les Paul for $300=Fake

lol considering picking one of those up for under $300,000 would be a steal
I'm sick of tradetang posts. Not only is the site blatantly illegal, but if anyone looked through a page or two of EG, they'd find one already made about it. Yes, it's fake. Use your logic.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Frames4ever
yeah figured it was just a scammer site

No you didn't. You wanted them to be good so you could get a "Les Paul" for 300 bucks! When I first found that site, I wanted them to be, too.
I would bet the product they send you (If you want to support illegal activity) in no way resembles the flashy pics on the add.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
TradeTang has adds on UG. Anyone ever see those?

But yeah, we can't go a day without someone posting something about TradeTang. Didn't you learn that if it's too good to be true, it probably is?
I think since no one uses the search feature, next time one pops up we should all band together and give the site rave reviews and swear by the "real" guitars we buy from there. Call it a guitarist secret.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
Quote by haceteunosmates
Common sense people.

A new thread is made about this every 2 days. Should be in some sticky.

This srsly...
Quote by SpawnedX
I think since no one uses the search feature, next time one pops up we should all band together and give the site rave reviews and swear by the "real" guitars we buy from there. Call it a guitarist secret.

that would be so funny but so cruel. act all amazed that real guitars can be sold for that cheap...
I saw an add for a Les Paul painted with my favorite brand of bourbon. It looked sweet. I didn't want to paint my Les Paul, sooooo, I ordered it. It looks awesome. It plays like a cheap knock off, but it's a great wall hanger.
My wife said " It's either those damned guitars, or me!!"

I miss her a bit.
Quote by JIMIMAC
I saw an add for a Les Paul painted with my favorite brand of bourbon. It looked sweet. I didn't want to paint my Les Paul, sooooo, I ordered it. It looks awesome. It plays like a cheap knock off, but it's a great wall hanger.

This thread is over a year old.
Sorry. Just adding my experience on the subject. It popped up in a search. My apologies.
My wife said " It's either those damned guitars, or me!!"

I miss her a bit.