Just out of curiosity, is there any way to mod this amp to produce higher gain? Say, by adding some sort of gain circuit?

How difficult would that be? Is it even worth doing for the experience? Am I stupid for asking?
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
You can modify any amp to have higher gain. The question is, would it be worth it? Would the sound suffer so badly that it would be unusable? These are the sorts of things you should be thinking about.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
use a distortion pedal?
or build one into it?

maybe you should read up on how to make an amp, too, for how they make gain channels and such, so you know what it will take.

but i would probably just use a bunch of pedals, imo, if i had a low(er) gain amp than what i want/need :P
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Yes... yes, you're all probably right. That's what the logical half of me says... My other half says where's the fun in that?

I'm quite conflicted.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?