Just recently I had my graduation, birthday, and got payed at my new job, so being excited that I had some spare cash I decided to get a small stone, jumped on ebay, and like an idiot I bid on the wrong model. I'm new to ebay so I don't know anything about recanting a bid, but if anyone is interested theres a 1975 version 1 Small Stone up, feel free to outbid me, my max bid was $140.
I don't think you can retract your bid, but there's almost 2 days left, someone will probably outbid you. Otherwise, just use it or sell it, get your money's worth (or close to it).

I bet he's selling it.

EDIT: If he's serious he could just... not pay for it. You pay after you win it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by rgrockr

I bet he's selling it.

Clever troll is clever.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I am pretty sure you are gonna be buying that pedal, if you put a max bid at $140. but yea, you should get it, and either use it, or sell it. But may I ask.... what is the difference, between the pedal you wanted, and the pedal you are getting?
Last edited by charles_ebarb at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by charles_ebarb
I am pretty sure you are gonna be buying that pedal, if you put a max bid at $140. but yea, you should get it, and either use it, or sell it. But may I ask.... What kinda pedal were you lokking for, to cause this delima?

Small Stone version 2 is what I wanted. But I'm only basing that off of demos online, I haven't been able to play any Small Stones but the newer one, so who knows maybe I'll like it.

edit: Read your post wrong, based on various demos online I just like the sound of the v2 one better, mostly with the color switch used is one the sweep difference is evident, without it they mostly sound the same.
Last edited by SatanPriest at Jun 17, 2010,
Can you delete your account?
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
No thanks. I don't buy used guitar stuff (other than amps and guitars).
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
just dont pay. you'll get negative feedback but they can't force you. Shit feedback sucks but if you behave like the ideal customer in the future you'll be fine. They can't deny you products if you have negative feedback.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Quote by rgrockr

I bet he's selling it.

My precise thoughts.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by SatanPriest
Small Stone version 2 is what I wanted. But I'm only basing that off of demos online, I haven't been able to play any Small Stones but the newer one, so who knows maybe I'll like it.

edit: Read your post wrong, based on various demos online I just like the sound of the v2 one better, mostly with the color switch used is one the sweep difference is evident, without it they mostly sound the same.

ahh. I see. Thanks, I was wondering if they all sounded the same, or not. I have never even seen a small stone phaser, except in a pic, and the only versions I have played, is whatever a digitech rp250, or a rp7 models their multi-effect pedals create that are supposed to mimick. LOL
why not just get it? its VIIIINTAGGEEEEEEEEEE

everybody likes VIIINTAAGEEE
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by Will-kun
just dont pay. you'll get negative feedback but they can't force you. Shit feedback sucks but if you behave like the ideal customer in the future you'll be fine. They can't deny you products if you have negative feedback.

Yeah, but I'd feel like a dick. Its not a big deal really, I sell stuff to a nearby music store all the time so they would give me a good deal, its just that I'd have to wait for it to get shipped hear, go an hour over there to sell it, then order another one online. I'm just lazy.

Quote by charles_ebarb
ahh. I see. Thanks, I was wondering if they all sounded the same, or not. I have never even seen a small stone phaser, except in a pic, and the only versions I have played, is whatever a digitech rp250, or a rp7 models their multi-effect pedals create that are supposed to mimick. LOL

Theres a few different models, and really if I was gigging with the pedal with a full band nobody would even know the difference, whether it was a new or old model, and they all sound pretty similar anyways, maybe its just in my head. Modelers don't get that sound in my opinion though, I'm using an ME-50 til I finish building my pedalboard and the phaser model on that sounds not so good.
I think I'm just gonna buy it, maybe it'll blow my mind. Plus, alot of people brag about their vintage gear, now I can join the party.
I bought the two that I have now, for 50 bucks each, on ebay. they are not that thrilling, but, it gives me an idea of what I want. I am rebuilding a pedal board, for the other guitarist I jam out with. He has great stuff, but he's got a screwed up signal chain. He's been using unshielded jumpers, and a shorted out daisychain powersupply. =T He's not too savvy with technicality, yet. hahaha
Quote by SatanPriest
I think I'm just gonna buy it, maybe it'll blow my mind. Plus, alot of people brag about their vintage gear, now I can join the party.

I have a 1981 Dean V. ok, now I have bragged about my vintage gear. =)
there is a actually a way to retract your bid, click help in the top right corner, scroll down to top questions. theres one that helps you retract a bid but this is their policy.

Valid reasons for retracting a bid include:

You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount due to a typographical error.

The item’s description changed significantly after you entered your last bid.

You can’t reach the seller by telephone or email
Quote by charles_ebarb
I bought the two that I have now, for 50 bucks each, on ebay. they are not that thrilling, but, it gives me an idea of what I want. I am rebuilding a pedal board, for the other guitarist I jam out with. He has great stuff, but he's got a screwed up signal chain. He's been using unshielded jumpers, and a shorted out daisychain powersupply. =T He's not too savvy with technicality, yet. hahaha

The best thing you can do for your tone is get a true-bypass looper, its totally worth the money. Even with one pedal in front of my amp I can hear a tonal difference and I can't stand it, plus it makes it easier to switch effects
Quote by SatanPriest
The best thing you can do for your tone is get a true-bypass looper, its totally worth the money. Even with one pedal in front of my amp I can hear a tonal difference and I can't stand it, plus it makes it easier to switch effects

I was wondering about those true-bypass. I have a 2000 Marshall 1987x re-issue, and it does not have any kind of bypass whatsoever, and I surely do miss that. My Crate bv120 does, tho, and it does make a difference, I agree. When i use my MT-2 Metal zone, it just sounds horrible, but when I use the bv120, the MT-2 performs amazingly! I used to think it was the headroom, but it's the effects loop bypass feature.
Quote by charles_ebarb
I was wondering about those true-bypass. I have a 2000 Marshall 1987x re-issue, and it does not have any kind of bypass whatsoever, and I surely do miss that. My Crate bv120 does, tho, and it does make a difference, I agree. When i use my MT-2 Metal zone, it just sounds horrible, but when I use the bv120, the MT-2 performs amazingly! I used to think it was the headroom, but it's the effects loop bypass feature.

My amp has an effects loop, but I got a tb strip because it makes it easier to switch pedals. Check out loop master, they have bypass strips with pretty much any number of loops you want.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
lolololol bid seeding.

sorry friend, I buy too much shit on ebay to fall for that kind of crap.

*reported*

If I was selling it, why would'nt I just straight up say that I was?
youre pretty brave to buy used electronics over ebay.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
youre pretty brave to buy used electronics over ebay.

I haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood), I've only bought 2 pedals new, I almost always buy used, its less money and they sound the same as a new pedal. Plus I don't mind if my pedals look a little beat up, that usually brings the down the price even more.