So in february i caught the planet smashers / stomp records 10th anniversary party in Toronto, (anybody there? love to hear about your time haha) and this fantastic band called The Expos opened, and i actually managed to see them again at a pub in a nearby town.

This is the only band i know that sounds like this, sort of spacey and ska-ish, more like reggae really, but id love to sort of dive into the genre more does anybody have any recommendations?

My reggae collection goes no deeper than bob marley, so theres lots of room there, but this is the only one ive actually liked, so any recommendations of similar bands would be appreciated.

thanks
I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out.
One Drop, The Expendables, etc...you could go on Pandora Radio and make a list based on The Expos...(?)
Sadly I cannot access pandora radio, because im in Canada, but thanks for the recommendations anyway.
I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out.
Quote by party-corebass
Sadly I cannot access pandora radio, because im in Canada, but thanks for the recommendations anyway.

really? i remember being able to get on it a while ago and I'm in Ontario
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
If you're talking about "spacey" reggae than you're probably thinking of the sub-genre called reggae dub.

Sublime has some dub songs, but if you're looking for the genuine shiza then check out King Tubby and Lee "Scratch" Perry.

Reggae music doesn't really fit in to any other topic on this site, except for "Other", but going there sucks.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:616

And to relate this back to punx rawx, the Clash's "Guns of Brixton" is an anglecized version of a dub song, haha.
Quote by the glue man

And to relate this back to punx rawx, the Clash's "Guns of Brixton" is an anglecized version of a dub song, haha.

Not really.
Bim Sherman his one song from skate 3 is probably my favorite reggae song and he is got some other good ones too but its hard to find torents for his stuff
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Definitely check out Badfish, they're a tribute band to Sublime, and they play nearly the same way, they rock! If you're near NYC this coming friday july 2nd, they'll be at the Brooklyn bowl at 10:30pm. Tickets are around $15 i believe, and you can watch them play AND go bowling. I was looking for a concert of theirs, and it was on cegpresents.com, lots of stuff on there, but def check it out, you won't be disappointed.
www.cegpresents.com
Tickets are here! http://ticketf.ly/cAPlv2