I am 6ft+ but i like short scale guitars and basses, this is the first cool fender short scale that isn't stupid expensive at around $250 in a shop. I know it's got two Tex-Mex singles, $hitty tuners, a bad pickguard and poor saddles, all things I can replace. Basically I am probing to see if anyone knows anything I haven't mentioned and I should know.

***I am going to buy this tomorrow, I read of people getting these for cheaper so I will be haggling of course***
Sounds like a good buy to me. But I have a question. Is this one of the 20'' models, or one of the 24'' ones? I only ask cause they made a model in each scale length, and the 20" model could be a hassle for you with your size.
Either way I hope you enjoy it, and I want to see pics too.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Alright I just wanted to be sure. Try to put up a NGD thread so I can see how it is.
I hope you enjoy it. Also for that price you can't go wrong.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'll post pics soon, I got it and some strap locks and a set of 11-54's, i want to put a humbucker in the bridge and hot rail hum in single size in the neck and then down the road get a new pickguard and maybe a bigsby, that would fit on this guitar right?
Quote by askrere
I'll post pics soon, I got it and some strap locks and a set of 11-54's, i want to put a humbucker in the bridge and hot rail hum in single size in the neck and then down the road get a new pickguard and maybe a bigsby, that would fit on this guitar right?

For the bigsby I think you would have to do a couple mods. First off I think you would have to get a mustang bridge, and drill the holes for it, and then you could get the bigsby. You should also look cause bigsby makes a model for tele's, and jazzmasters, but I don't know if they make one for a duo sonic.
Everything else sounds pretty good. Also how are you at routing? I only ask cause I think duo sonics are routed for SS. I hope all goes well.
Quote by L2112Lif