I found this at sevenstring.org,it was built according to chris's own specs by the ibanez LACS,and so far I came across three models,one having the edge pro tremolo and the other two having the ZR tremolo.instead of a locking nut,it has locking tuners,chris says it stays in tune perfectly well.

this was posted by chris himself on sevenstring.org

Thanks for the nice words about my new guitar everyone!!! I love it!!!!!!
the body is a Quilt Maple top with Mohagany back, The nut is graphite and it stays in tune very well, but you have to file them the right way for it to work correctly. The pickups will be Bareknuckles but I didn't have a chance to get them from Tim before the guitar was ready, so I had Ibanez throw in a Dimarzio Evo and Airnorton in the mean time. I will post real pics when I get the reast of my gear ready for photos as well (these were taken with my phone camera). Take care, Chris.

this was also posted by him when someone asked about the absence of a locking nut
IMHO a guitar without a locking nut seems to resonate a little better, and the strings seem more plyable, though the added weight of the locking nut does increase sustain a little.

it has a staind rosewood fretboard
Actually it's rosewood stained black. I prefer rosewood over ebony because ebony can chip easy and doesn't take to climate changes as well IMHO.

now to the images

what do you guys think?
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 18, 2010,
****ing sexy, man.
Quote by geanes
My favorite 'UGer.

Edit: Kensai, I'm taking that as you want to sleep with me. In which case, I'm flattered.
It stays in tune without the nut because he doesn't abuse it much. The most I've seen him use it with Megadeth is the end of the clean part in "Holy Wars," and that's barely more than a Strat can do.

It is nice, though.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Oh chris you solve my man boner and my guitar boner all in one fell swoop
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
that purple finish is amazing
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
That has got to be the best looking 7 string I have ever seen. very classy looking, and with those specs I bet it plays just as good as it looks.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
found some more pics of the white one..honestly,I think both look great..if only ibanez had a custom shop

thats the nicest ibanez ive ever seen. and i dont really like them. amazing guitar
Chris has some amazing guitars!

That first is very similar to one he had a while ago...I think that one had an edge pro on it though?

When I saw he was using 6-string S series when they played in 09 (I think it was 09...) I was crushed that he wasn't playing these beautiful RGAs!
Good to see he's workin' with 'em again.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Chris has some amazing guitars!

That first is very similar to one he had a while ago...I think that one had an edge pro on it though?

When I saw he was using 6-string S series when they played in 09 (I think it was 09...) I was crushed that he wasn't playing these beautiful RGAs!
Good to see he's workin' with 'em again.

I think i remember reading somewhere, he used 6 strings for a while because Mustaine said so, but a lot of videos i've seen him playin his 7s, so I guess that's not the case anymore?

Ye as said before I'm not a fan of ibanez, but I just came
Quote by siverstorm
I think i remember reading somewhere, he used 6 strings for a while because Mustaine said so, but a lot of videos i've seen him playin his 7s, so I guess that's not the case anymore?

yeah i think mustaine doesn't really care about those little details anymore, i mean to me a 7 string just means more range, and thats always good
Eh.
The ZR trem is actually really good. I can't put my S series out of tune no matter what I do. It's a feat of engineering. Both of those axes look sweet. /drool