Hey guys,

Well, I recently got my first Ibanez guitar (S570DXQM), and I love everything about it....except the pickups. I always hear people swearing by the evolution neck and bridge combo for leads, and I want this guitar to be almost dedicated lead...

Anyway, I saw that there are two different DiMarzio evolution bridge pickups...the Evolution and the Evo 2. Can anyone tell me how the two are different? I'm trying to get a feel for which one would better suit what I'm trying to do.

Also, I'm not really looking for recommendations...so even if you disagree with my Evo+Evo combo, please keep it to yourself...and I mean that in the most respectful way possible!

Thanks in advance,

-Sean
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Hey Sean The EVO 2 is exactly the same as the EVO one except the EVO two has less output than one. This was primarily designed for live use so there would be less gain..tonality wise it's abit quieter too giving more headroom and room for dynamics. The Evo one is loud punchy and awesome too, i highly recommend it but if you want something with alittle less gain and output but same tonal qualities i'd recommend the evo 2.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
Last edited by The_Mariner at Jun 18, 2010,
EVO2 has slightly less output than EVO. People also say the EVO 2 sounds nicer. Never tried it though
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I'd go with the regular Evo's....I had them and they sounded great. Very high output for passives. I wish I still had that guitar.

You will get a Steve Vai tone with these PU's.

Also, I would highly reccomened installing a push/pull at the same time to split them if you want. They sound great as a single coil as well.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Sorry to bump my own thread, but do you guys think that a True Velvet Middle pickup would compliment the Evo pickups?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.