Cause like it seems most of the bands featured in guitar hero or rock band are quite famous already except for some but does it actually make non rock inclined people like these bands, and do you think guitar hero and rockband pays a lot to feature a famous band's song?
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
It's free advertising for bands. From a musician's perspective, it's a great thing. Is it sad that i want one of my songs to be in a guitar hero 1 day?

I don't think the bands get paid for their songs on disc, but they get a cut of the DLC if their songs are DLC.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
There's a couple of bands i've got into and bought their CDs after discovering them through Rock Band/Guitar Hero, so i'd say yeah, the games are helping bands.
The bands featured on Guitar Hero and Rock Band don't really need a helping hand.

It might get more kids interested in rock music though.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Some bands, yes. I'd say DragonForce experienced a surge in popularity with Through The Fire and Flames being the hardest song on whichever GH it was.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Yeah, every band on Guitar Hero had at least a 15% increase in sales. DragonForce's sale increased with around 700%.
but didnt through the fire and flames also make dragonforce gain hate cause a lot of people were expecting now for them to pull it off good during lives but lots are saying they cant even do it properly during a live
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Well, I started playing Guitar Hero like a few years ago when GH2 first came out, and back then the only band I knew was Linkin Park.

So once I got into the whole GH/RB thing, that's what got me into music entirely. I started looking up stuff on youtube like Led Zep or Accept or whatever.

And now every once in a while, I'll notice that a song was released as DLC and if I really like it, I'll go and buy the record, which is awesome.

So yeah, GH and RB REALLY help artists, and music as a whole I must say.
But you forger the fact, that only already popular bands get to have their songs in there. With a few exceptions
Quote by Zeletros
But you forger the fact, that only already popular bands get to have their songs in there. With a few exceptions

however, a lot of people who play those games havn't heard their songs sometimes. I had a friend who was only into pop, and '90s skate punk. He got GH3, and since has gotten right into bands like Iron Maiden, Kiss, The Rolling Stones, Living Color, and Pearl Jam. I think that these games help in it gives a younger generation who may not otherwise listen to the songs a chance to appreciate other forms of music.
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
Of course it does. Coheed and Cambria encourage their fans to request new Coheed songs for DLC on Rock Band on a fairly regular basis.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
They really do help bands get more attention from more mainstream people. Now most people who play video games would know who Metallica, Led Zeppelin or other rock bands are
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr