Wow.

I haven't been on here in ages. Literally, like two years. I looked at some of the songs I had posted on this forum, which had been long gone from my computer, and I laughed. In a nostalgic way, I really liked my old stuff, but I feel that my new stuff has surpassed it so much. I feel that I've come to appreciate different progressions, different keys, and unique leads much more than back then. This song had a random name, which is typical from me, and I wrote it a few months ago.

I really, really like where I'm at now. This level of songwriting has given me the confidence and aspiration to be what I oh-so-modestly would call the leading force behind The Origin Animate ( http://www.myspace.com/theoriginanimate ), my band. As a matter of fact, we are recording our first demo in two days. I don't want to come off as a conceited asshole or anything, but I'm just proud of my work. ( :

I'd have to cite my newer influences as Lower Definition, Tides of Man, Saosin & Hands Like Houses. Mostly post-hardcore shit. I dunno or care too much about genres, though.
Attachments:
New Folder.zip
I'd have to disagree with Zezikaro, I rather liked the rhythm, I didn't find it repetitive. But then again I don't listen to much post-hardcore stuff, or any of the bands you listed for that matter.

I really enjoyed the song though, I love the rhythm guitar and lead guitar thing going on, where one is strictly doing chords and the other is strictly doing leads. I think it's a really solid song, you did a great job of building tension.

9/10
Bah, pointless trolling.

I too found this song pretty enjoyable. Seems like some melodic metalcore/post-hardcore, with a lot less suck and generality. Bar 12 was when the song got interesting, and for the most part the song stayed interesting. Guitar 1's work was pretty interesting, with the whole song being kept up with that suspenseful, melodic riffs. I know Guitar 2 was the "rhythm" guitar, but it did get a little repetitive. It wasn't the rhythm, it was the fact that for most of the song the part played the same 2 or 3 chords over and over. Other than that though, the song was real enjoyable.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]
Quote by champayne
Bah, pointless trolling.

I too found this song pretty enjoyable. Seems like some melodic metalcore/post-hardcore, with a lot less suck and generality. Bar 12 was when the song got interesting, and for the most part the song stayed interesting. Guitar 1's work was pretty interesting, with the whole song being kept up with that suspenseful, melodic riffs. I know Guitar 2 was the "rhythm" guitar, but it did get a little repetitive. It wasn't the rhythm, it was the fact that for most of the song the part played the same 2 or 3 chords over and over. Other than that though, the song was real enjoyable.

Baha. I - IV progressions ( if you could call them progressions ) are a weakness of mine. As a rhythm guitarist in this genre, I try to explore uniquness, because most post-hardcore bands chug on the dropped open power chord for breakdowns; end of story. I think that, in this genre, even a two chord progression is a step up.

But I see what you're saying and I'm exploring loads of different stuff. : D
Quote by Gizmo Factory
As a rhythm guitarist in this genre, I try to explore uniquness, because most post-hardcore bands chug on the dropped open power chord for breakdowns; end of story. I think that, in this genre, even a two chord progression is a step up.

It isn't a step up when it's used for the whole song.

I agree with the other crits, it's a good song held back by a 2 chord progression;
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
very lower definition, which I like. I wont tell you that the two chord progression got tired because you obviously already know that. all I can ask of you is to write more songs cause I might definitely be a fan haha. but yeah, use a more creative progression next time. :P Good job though, If it were an actual song I'd probably listen to it every so often.

EDIT: also i see your band's in akron! I live in brunswick haha, thats not far so if you ever need any guitar work let me know lol.
Last edited by Thomasoman at Jun 21, 2010,