So, the best cheap mic for guitar. For mic'ing the amp...

I'll probably go with shure sm57... but want some advices, maybe there's a cheaper and better option.

Regards
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Well I use the younger brother of the SM57, the Shure PG57 and it is pretty decent. For home use I couldn't justify speding the extra cash
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Jun 18, 2010,
SM57 is affordable and very high quality. You have to learn how to use it, but after that point its just a beautiful mic.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
the words cheaper and better are completely unconnected in the microphone world.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I bought a Samson Q7 for £35 off ebay and run it through a £100 interface. Sounds pretty good, although I've only recorded with massive amounts of gain, if you've got a decent amp, with a bit of EQ-ing you can get a very good tone, I'd say it easily rivals what you get out of an SM57 at about a third of the price.
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Another vote for either the SM57 or Sennheiser e609. Both are great mic.
I personally like the 57 but others prefer the sound of the e609.

If ya can, have a listen to both online or better yet, at a local store and see what you like.