I was just changing the pickup on my Hamer Explorer, which I bought a while ago from a guy who told me it was made in Korea. Since owning it, I could have sworn it said "Made in Korea" on the back of the neck. I'm 95% sure this is the case. When giving it a clean, I happened to notice that it now says "Made in Indonesia."

What the hell's going on here?! Did I overlook this or - bear with me - could there be a way to have forged the word "Korea" over "Indonesia"?

Thanks.
thats most probably because the guy said it was made in korea..

if you dont hear voices on your head,or chew your fingernail until your fingers become nail-less sausages,you're ok
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 18, 2010,
And so for one month, I have read "Indonesia" as "Korea?" Perhaps. But why would he even say that, given that it's manifestly not made in Korea?

Quote by archenemyfan
thats most probably because the guy said it was made in korea..

if you dont hear voices on your head,or chew your fingernail until your fingers become nail-less sausages,you're ok
Quote by Nostoi
And so for one month, I have read "Indonesia" as "Korea?" Perhaps. But why would he even say that, given that it's manifestly not made in Korea?

well maybe because he was crazy??

hey if you want to think that you are nuts,please do so..I wont stop you
Possibly. Anyway, I only raise the issue because I was under the impression quality of materials was slightly better in Korea. That right?

Quote by archenemyfan
well maybe because he was crazy??

hey if you want to think that you are nuts,please do so..I wont stop you
its possible someone put a sticker that said made in korea over the indonesia one and when you washed it it peeled off, although i dont see why he would lie. its possible an owner of it before him put it there and he just never noticed there was 2 stickers.

whatever, it doesnt really matter anyway.
Quote by rickyj
its possible someone put a sticker that said made in korea over the indonesia one and when you washed it it peeled off, although i dont see why he would lie. its possible an owner of it before him put it there and he just never noticed there was 2 stickers.

whatever, it doesnt really matter anyway.

well if there was a sticker,surely he would have noticed huh?
Well, they're dirty commies over in Korea, so it's much worse.
FUNK.

My acoustic orginals
My voice isn't that great...but take a listen. I still have yet to perfect my vocals

Sunshine
Quote by HelzAngl
Well, they're dirty commies over in Korea, so it's much worse.

I'm pretty sure Korean guitar are made in South Korea, which is a liberal country. And also, North Korea is by no means communist, it's a totalitarian dictature.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Nostoi
Possibly. Anyway, I only raise the issue because I was under the impression quality of materials was slightly better in Korea. That right?

thats total Myth..the quality of the material depends on the price you pay,but there could be a difference in craftsmanship

well did you like it when it was made in korea?
I still love the guitar 100%. I was just curious as to its origin *and* if I was mislead. Either by myself or the other.

Quote by archenemyfan
thats total Myth..the quality of the material depends on the price you pay,but there could be a difference in craftsmanship

well did you like it when it was made in korea?