Hey, I was looking at PRS Custom 24's and I really like the look of it but I must say I don't like some of the features. The main feature that I don't like? The Rotary pickup selector.

I'd like to have a guitar that has easy access to the higher frets, great playability and generally something that can be versatile. I would like to install (if It doesnt have it already) 1 or 2 push/pull pots on the volume knobs to allow coil splits for a single coil kind of sound. I like the traditional 3-way pickup selectors and would love to have a Custom 24 with this setup but I'm not sure if they exist.

My budget is $2000-$3,100 or so USD. I want something that looks amazing but most importantly plays very well. I'm not so concerned about pickups because I would probably just change them to some Bareknuckle Nailbombs but yeah any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
don't change the pickups in the prs, especially since nailbombs tend to sound like nailbombs in anything, if you do that may as well get an se...
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
a PRS mccarty has what you're looking for. 3 way switch and push/pull tone for single coils.
It sounds like youre pretty set on a Custom 24, as you said, you could probably just mod it up.

Just so you can have a look at other things:

Ibanez J. Customs
Ibanez RG/S Prestiges
Caparison TAT/Dellinger
ESP Horizons

...thats all I can think of.
Quote by RocknRory
Hey, I was looking at PRS Custom 24's and I really like the look of it but I must say I don't like some of the features. The main feature that I don't like? The Rotary pickup selector.

I'd like to have a guitar that has easy access to the higher frets, great playability and generally something that can be versatile. I would like to install (if It doesnt have it already) 1 or 2 push/pull pots on the volume knobs to allow coil splits for a single coil kind of sound. I like the traditional 3-way pickup selectors and would love to have a Custom 24 with this setup but I'm not sure if they exist.

My budget is $2000-$3,100 or so USD. I want something that looks amazing but most importantly plays very well. I'm not so concerned about pickups because I would probably just change them to some Bareknuckle Nailbombs but yeah any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys

They sell custom 24s with a 3-way and a push/pull pot to coil tap. It's referred to as "McCarty" wiring in PRS-speak. Here's an example:

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/prs/c24/8140797/8140797.php
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by alphasignal
don't change the pickups in the prs, especially since nailbombs tend to sound like nailbombs in anything, if you do that may as well get an se...

I've tried multiple SE's. In craftsmanship and looks, it doesn't compete with the real Custom 24 to me. I really doubt nailbombs completely kill the tone of the guitar while Gibson 57's (example) which I don't like at all, don't. Just wondering why you think Nailbombs sound generic in guitars.

Anyway thanks for the info guys! That is exactly what I was looking for. One volume, one push/pull tone and a 3-way selector. I just search McCarty right?

Oh! Here we go
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Custom-24-10Top-Flame-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=520033
(= That looks good, I want to see if I could play one first though. The quest goes on, thanks guys.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory