Which one is better, or is there something better than these two for a pedal tuner?
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
GFS Tuner.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I have the TU-3 and i have to say, it's great. Never had any problems. However, it can't drop tune deeper than drop D without having to use chromatic mode. Haven't heard much about the pitchblack.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
I have the Pitchblack and it's awesome! It's got a really big and bright display and it's true bypass.

Edit: It can easily pick up me tuning to drop-A so i don't think you'll have problems there. It has 4 different display modes also which is kind of nice to be able to choose which one you want.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jun 18, 2010,
They are the same accuracy, +/- 1 cent. The Boss is a lot more sturdy/reliable, but I'm pretty sure is buffered bypass and the boss buffers aren't great.

A more accurate tuner is the turbo tuner.

The GFS Tuner is a lot cheaper ($40 new) and the same accuracy as the ones you mentioned. cased pretty well, super bright display. etc This is the one I use
TU-3. Won't break like the Pitchblack and it's a good idea to have a buffer at the beginning of your signal chain, especially if you're using true-bypass pedals
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
that new tu-3 looks badass. It says it is good for daylight which is a plus. I could hardly see the tu-2 during daylight gig.
Fender HSS Deluxe Special Edition
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
Quote by josh3111
that new tu-3 looks badass. It says it is good for daylight which is a plus. I could hardly see the tu-2 during daylight gig.

Really? I've never had an issue with lighting.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

i personally love my pitchblack nice big letters lol
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
You could go with the Planet Waves Tru-Strobe tuner if you like strobe tuners. It has an accuracy of +/- .1 of a cent.
Quote by L2112Lif
Whats the range of the pitch black?

Don't know the specs, but I drop tune my bass with my Pitchblack +
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite