Page 1 of 4
Does anyone think he's that funny? I mean he has some decent jokes and is a comedian by current standards... But I can't get past his high pitched voice and lacking of good material. I like British comedians... He just doesn't do it for me.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I think he's an average comedian who has an eccentric image which gives him more attention.
Pretty much this.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
He's engaged to Katy Perry, he doesn't need to be funny anymore.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

.... is a ****.

/Thread.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Has his moments, but most of the time, i don't find him funny.
It's gonna be a blue day
He's pretty good. I like him.

The only comedians I really dislike are...well....all female comedians pretty much. STFU! Nobody gives a crap about how bigger dick/idiot your husband is, or how awful childbirth is, or how bad it is going to a gynaecologist, just shut up and say something that's funny!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
EDIT^Reminded me of this...
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=87
Quote by Philip_pepper
I think he's an average comedian who has an eccentric image which gives him more attention.

+1
He used to actually have an act, but it very quickly became his current "Oh look at me, ain't I famous?!" shtick.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at Jun 18, 2010,
Female comedians just aren't funny, full stop.

On topic, I quite like Russel Brand. He's a very funny guy and has done well for himself.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by ILuvPillows?
He's engaged to Katy Perry, he doesn't need to be funny anymore.

I was pissed when I heard the news about that. Katy's mine, asshole!

But I think he's pretty funny.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
He's just a "meh" Comedian who has been over-hyped to the point where people THINK that he's funny when he's not.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Quote by Todd Hart
He's pretty good. I like him.

The only comedians I really dislike are...well....all female comedians pretty much. STFU! Nobody gives a crap about how bigger dick/idiot your husband is, or how awful childbirth is, or how bad it is going to a gynaecologist, just shut up and say something that's funny!

dude comedians make more dick and rape jokes... which are way funnier.

yea hes a douchebag, and half of his jokes are just him talking about how popular he is in the uk and how he hosted the mtv awards or whatever.
I love is stand up. And he's funny in the films I've seen him in but whenever I saw him present a tv show he just annoyed me.

But yeah I like him
he's a very good comedian. he's worked hard to be where he is. & he is with one of the hottest women in the world. fair play to him.
I quite like him. I always listened to his radio show, so I was sad when that got taken off air. But he's not THAT great, just a silly guy.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by beatreebor
he's a very good comedian. he's worked hard to be where he is. & he is with one of the hottest women in the world. fair play to him.

Yup, pretty much that. not a funny comedian though
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

Quote by _LoveFuzz_
Still better than Dane Cook

+1,000,000,000
And better than Howie Mandel.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

I was watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and was actually gonna make a thread exactly like this one.

I like him, although his stand up is atrocious. Hes quite funny on tv shows and in movies. Hes funny when the context is given to him, but not when he creates it himself.

He had a show once called "Russel Brand's Ponderland" which I thought was hilarious
He definitely seems a bit more philosophical and slightly satricial as opposed to other comedians style of stand up, you can clearly tell he's an intelligent bloke from what he says and that I do approve of. I just wish people would shut up about the fact he's a little bit of a nympho all of the time.

I watched a few episodes of Ponderland sometimes when it was on and it was actually really quite funny in places.
As a hormonally sound male though, i'm jealous that he gets to go to bed cuddled up to Katy Perry at night though.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
This guy is a total wanker. He has no talent , he's not funny, and thinks he's he's a sex symbol.
Lucky for him, with those qualities, or lack thereof, he is the perfect celebrity in the U.S.
Quote by Powerpro
This guy is a total wanker. He has no talent , he's not funny, and thinks he's he's a sex symbol.
Lucky for him, with those qualities, or lack thereof, he is the perfect celebrity in the U.S.

You're only bitter because he fucked your granddaughter.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
He kind of is ... He's had sex with like every woman in britain

Yeah well... uhhh... yeah....um.
Damn, I have no comeback!
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

He's funny when he's being clever, and he's boorish and dull when he's just making knob jokes. Sadly, he mostly makes knob jokes.
Last edited by webbtje at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by WhiskeyFace
He kind of is ... He's had sex with like every woman in britain

He hasn't had sex with me.. did I miss something?
Quote by ilikepirates
He hasn't had sex with me.. did I miss something?

No, You're probably either underaged or not hot enough
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

Quote by WhiskeyFace
Not yet (watch out)

Haha, okay

Quote by Sshmoo
No, You're probably either underaged or not hot enough

Well.. I'm not underage so.. ouch. :/
I hated him at first, but then i started to like him, my brother got his book and i read it and it is actually very good.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by ilikepirates
Haha, okay

Well.. I'm not underage so.. ouch. :/

He's probably preoccupied with Katy Parry so dont sweat it
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

He's pretty animated which is cool but his material is shit. So, no, I don't think he's funny.
I think all these British "comedians" nowadays are shit with the exceptions of Jason Manford and Michael McIntyre [<--he is a true comedian]. It seems to me that people will celibrate the mediocre when that's all that there is. I think it's the same with today's comedy films too.
Quote by guitarist41
He's pretty animated which is cool but his material is shit. So, no, I don't think he's funny.
I think all these British "comedians" nowadays are shit with the exceptions of Jason Manford and Michael McIntyre [<--he is a true comedian]. It seems to me that people will celibrate the mediocre when that's all that there is. I think it's the same with today's comedy films too.

Some occasionally mildly amusing observations in a silly voice is true comedy nowadays? Even other fucking comedians take the piss out of him.

Manford would be all right if he didn't shamelessly recycle quite so much.
Last edited by webbtje at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by Sshmoo
He's probably preoccupied with Katy Parry so dont sweat it

Of course, I forgot about them, thanks
he's pretty meh
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Page 1 of 4