You guys download music right? Torrents? Movies? Everyone does right? Well I downloaded a movie a few weeks ago and just got a warning letter the other day saying that I violated copyright infringment or something, they are now watching my I.P. address and if I do it again the government can prosecute me for up to $250,000. My friend got this letter as well. Are they cracking down you guys or anyone you know? And what should I do? I want to watch more movies, but should I just abstain from that, or maybe try another site and figure out how exactly this happened? I have like 100 torrents on my computer but the letter they sent was only in regards to 1.
Ha!
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by EnemyWolf
You guys download music right? Torrents? Movies? Everyone does right? Well I downloaded a movie a few weeks ago and just got a warning letter the other day saying that I violated copyright infringment or something, they are now watching my I.P. address and if I do it again the government can prosecute me for up to $250,000. My friend got this letter as well. Are they cracking down you guys or anyone you know? And what should I do? I want to watch more movies, but should I just abstain from that, or maybe try another site and figure out how exactly this happened? I have like 100 torrents on my computer but the letter they sent was only in regards to 1.

Nice assumption there, Champ.

EDIT:

But yeah, if you download one from a different site, they won't be able to track it.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Well you can keep downloading and take a chance, which I think is a bad choice because if they sent you a letter they are probably pretty serious, unless it's a bluff but I think it is serious since they have been cracking down. Or you can start doing it legally.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Sucks to be you.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by metacarpi
Nice assumption there, Champ.

EDIT:

But yeah, if you download one from a different site, they won't be able to track it.

yes they can
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
yes they can

No they can't, n00b.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by druggietoad2k5
Sucks to be you.

I mean, I'm moving out in 2 months to go to college, where I will be sharing WIFI with a massive network of people, so this disadvantage is at most just a temporary setback.
iIf we all download something at the same time, they can't watch ALL of us. Right? Right?
Quote by metacarpi
No they can't, n00b.

ORLY?
the govt. can do whatever they want, even shut down the interweb!
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Dude? Its called a proxy. Remove the Trackers from the file and set your download settings to Private
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by EnemyWolf
I mean, I'm moving out in 2 months to go to college, where I will be sharing WIFI with a massive network of people, so this disadvantage is at most just a temporary setback.

Seriously, make sure you use lots of different sources. They won't be able to track you, and you'll get away with it 100% scot-free.

Makes sense.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Dude, there's nothing these guys love more than making a martyr out of someone. I've been trying to stop downloading, and i'd urge anyone else to do the same... you don't want to end up like that Joel Tenenbaum kid.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Dude? Its called a proxy. Remove the Trackers from the file and set your download settings to Private

How do I go about doing that? Forgive me I am not technology or computer savvy at all, not even a bit.
Quote by metacarpi
Seriously, make sure you use lots of different sources. They won't be able to track you, and you'll get away with it 100% scot-free.

Makes sense.

more source = more chance of getting caught
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by ZanasCross
www.amazon.com
www.ebay.com

You know... actually paying for shit could solve all your problems.

+1
But Still, there are proxy sites, you just have to make sure all scripts and stuff are active through it.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
more source = more chance of getting caught

If you're going to all these different places, how will they keep track of you?

Ignore this advice TS, it's just the anti-piracy police trying to stop you.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I use usenet, it's completely secure. Encryption, SSL 3.0, fast speeds, it's all there
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Jobforashredder
you could check out PeerGuardian

This

or change your IP adres
Drum drum drum away!
Why not just stream movies like an intelligent person?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I find that Downloading music in teens is less of a problem, Cause usually their income is completley expendable, they buy the albums of bands they like and have downloaded. If your music is good, or your lead singer is Bill Kaulitz and the ultimate desire of 13 year old girls who can tell their mums to buy them the album, you shouldnt worry about downloading, just consider it expanding your fanbase for bigger shows.
Quote by EnemyWolf

Or you could just go rent a movie... That works as well...

Quote by KirkMetallica
Why not just stream movies like an intelligent person?

Because the movies I'm trying to watch are old Russian films and nobody uploads anything besides mainstream films on the only movie streaming site I"m familiar with.
Get a Netflix.

9 dollars a month. All the movies you can watch.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown