Page 1 of 2
I've been looking for a 7 string for quite some time with a moderately small budget (less than 1000&euro and I am very, very unsatisfied with the market. I find alright guitars but the problem, each and every single one of them is plain black, as dull looking as can be.

I don't buy guitars based on how they look usually, but they're ALL the same, I want something a bit more unique than that (without having to pay myself sick for it, it'd be my first 7 string...)

I know Schecter has those kinda pretty quilted maple finishes, I simply love quilted (and flamed too) maple but dislike Schecter a bit, so preferably don't suggest Schecters.

Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by Lewadra
I've been looking for a 7 string for quite some time with a moderately small budget (less than 1000&euro and I am very, very unsatisfied with the market. I find alright guitars but the problem, each and every single one of them is plain black, as dull looking as can be.

I don't buy guitars based on how they look usually, but they're ALL the same, I want something a bit more unique than that (without having to pay myself sick for it, it'd be my first 7 string...)

I know Schecter has those kinda pretty quilted maple finishes, I simply love quilted (and flamed too) maple but dislike Schecter a bit, so preferably don't suggest Schecters.

7string=metal
metal=darkness
darkness=black
black=metal

it all comes full circle.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
The 1527 costs me over 1000, no can do. The white one isn't even available here. >_>
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic

Quote by evhbrianmay

My budget is under 1000, not over 3000 :P
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic

http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html
look a whole page of multiple colored 7 strings
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
you can paint it yourself for $20 using spraypaint, 1000,1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper, and rubbing compound. ive done it 2 four of my own guitars and my friends ltd ex50
Drum drum drum away!
i wanna get the blue with maple neck that looks so sweet
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by archenemyfan

XPT707FX

owned it
it was awesome
Drum drum drum away!
so preferably don't suggest Schecters.

Quote by AJGNW
*schecter jeff loomis*

read before you post
I know what he's saying. I haven't seen a 7 string that wasn't black in a store, but just look at the manufacturers' websites, pick the one you want and have you're local dealer order it for you. (ask them about the pricing first of course). Although, that might leave you obligated to buy a guitar you don't like... hmmm...

Edit - DUH! if you play a black one in a store and like it, just have the store order you one in another color.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Agiles do look really great, it's just a bummer that it's impossible to try them before buying (AND the site says customers outside of US get no refunds for returning so yeah)
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic

Quote by JHC_DOH

Edit - DUH! if you play a black one in a store and like it, just have the store order you one in another color.

Problem is, that's the only color they make.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic

Quote by Lewadra
Agiles do look really great, it's just a bummer that it's impossible to try them before buying (AND the site says customers outside of US get no refunds for returning so yeah)

then a ibby is your best bet..

how much does a 1527 cost?how about used guitars?

THIS. It's one of the most gorgeous guitars I've ever laid my eyes on. If ONLY I wasn't left handed...

EDIT: Oh, I just saw your post about Agile. Then why don't you buy a black one that plays and sounds good and custom paint it? That would be an awesome summer project!!
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

Last edited by jbab at Jun 18, 2010,
1527's price varies from 1000ish to 1200 depending on the place.

Painting would be otherwise totally great but I don't have any place to do it. I'm somewhat familiar with painting guitars (ahem, I made my telecaster myself.) but right now I have no place to paint in, formerly I could do it at my school.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic

Quote by jbab

THIS. It's one of the most gorgeous guitars I've ever laid my eyes on. If ONLY I wasn't left handed...

EDIT: Oh, I just saw your post about Agile. Then why don't you buy a black one that plays and sounds good and custom paint it? That would be an awesome summer project!!

Email Kurt and ask him. They often get restocked.

If he doesn't have one coming he could most likely custom make one for you at around the same price.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Lewadra
Problem is, that's the only color they make.

What brands are you talking about? Ibanez? Jackson? Esp?

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Black = Br00tz.

Didn't this guy say he was from Finland? He can't buy Agile in Finland without getting majorly ripped off.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLAT37-Soloist-Archtop-7string-Electric-Guitar?sku=584382

Edit : They have some purple b.c. rich 7 string Vs on there. And some Dean Razorback 7s

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Last edited by JHC_DOH at Jun 18, 2010,
Beginning to see the big problem? This isn't all that small of a country nor undeveloped or anything (lol?), but manufacturers just have different models available in different parts of the world. Ibanez for example, the model catalog of the US site is very different from the JP, Finnish, etc. one. I would have probably bought a RG7321 but oh no, they're no longer available here, I'd have to ship it from somewhere else, no thanks.

Maybe I should just save like 3000 and buy a EBMM JP guitar... >_>
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic

Quote by Lewadra
Beginning to see the big problem? This isn't all that small of a country nor undeveloped or anything (lol?), but manufacturers just have different models available in different parts of the world. Ibanez for example, the model catalog of the US site is very different from the JP, Finnish, etc. one. I would have probably bought a RG7321 but oh no, they're no longer available here, I'd have to ship it from somewhere else, no thanks.

Maybe I should just save like 3000 and buy a EBMM JP guitar... >_>

or maybe you should save up a little more and buy this..

its almost exactly the same as the jizz in your pants-sexy chris broderick's custom ibanez
Given your sitaution, I still reccomend the Agile
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Given your sitaution, I still reccomend the Agile

It costs a lot of money to get a guitar imported from the states...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
It costs a lot of money to get a guitar imported from the states...

Yeah, but Agiles are still very well under your budget, after conversion, probably only half of it or so, and while shipping fees will probably be outrageous, I really can't imagine them being 500 euros outrageous.

It'll be worth it, because Agiles are worth far more than their cost in quality.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Yeah, but Agiles are still very well under your budget, after conversion, probably only half of it or so, and while shipping fees will probably be outrageous, I really can't imagine them being 500 euros outrageous.

It'll be worth it, because Agiles are worth far more than their cost in quality.

yep. i paid $650 for mine and would have paid $1000
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
I haven't read the other posts, etc., but check out the recently discontinued but still available Ibanez S7320, available in White. Then there are the various LTDs, available with non-Black quilt or solid colors. Look for Used, best Bang for the $$$.

I have 2 White S7320s stored somewhere if you're interested.

Ibanez, Jackson, Dean...
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.

Oh wait....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I can't believe anyone on here still hasn't gotten the hint that suggesting Agiles to people in Europe is a waste of time. By the time you add up shipping, VAT and import duties, some EU countries pay 200% of the original price. Absolutely never worth it. Never.

Anyhoo, Schecters should be pretty cheap in Finland (at least compared to most countries, since ESP/Schecter have a strong base in Finland and do a lot of their QC there). Schecter do a number of seven strings in red and white - not hugely inspiring, but at least it's not yet another satin black one. And yes, if you don't like Schecters then you're a bit screwed but well... they're kind of all there is.
Unfortunately that's about all your options are. Ibanez are, as has been covered, getting rarer and more expensive within the EU. ESP are getting cheaper thankfully, but they don't produce many seven strings and the ones they do are almost always boring old black. It's a pain that seven strings tend to be quite a bit more expensive than the six string equivalents, but that's the nature of the beast; honestly if you want to play sevens, you need to get used to saving up a bit more.
If you want a seven string that will really last, I would suggest Mayones. A Mayones Setius 7 is fairly reasonable for a high-quality seven string and while it is fairly expensive, it's not utterly impossible to ever afford. It's usually cheaper to wait and buy one high quality guitar that will last you a long time rather than waste money on something cheap now then have to buy something else later on. So I would advise you wait, save up some more and get something properly high-quality like that if you know you like seven strings and it's something you take seriously.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
I can't believe anyone on here still hasn't gotten the hint that suggesting Agiles to people in Europe is a waste of time. By the time you add up shipping, VAT and import duties, some EU countries pay 200% of the original price. Absolutely never worth it. Never.

Is shipping to EU seriously $600-$700?

Not saying that's impossible, I just can't fathom it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Is shipping to EU seriously $600-$700?

Not saying that's impossible, I just can't fathom it.

It is insanely expensive to import things in europe. It's also the reason why we have to pay A LOT more for a guitar than you people in the United States...

BUT there's a rumor that if you send something as a gift from the states to europe you can avoid some of the taxes. Don't know if it's true though :/

anyway, TS have you checked www.Thomann.de?
They usually have a fairly big selection of 7stringers

EDIT:
Thomann have the Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley signature in white for only 990,- euros!

....Hell, I'm even tempted by that price!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Last edited by TheBloodstained at Jun 19, 2010,
I said it earlier, I'll say it again. I would have paid $1100-1200 for my agile.

PERIOD.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Page 1 of 2