So I found an old Washburn electric at a flea market in my hometown. I don't know much about Washburns but I saw one sitting on a table and asked to see it. It looked good, a little beat up but i figured it would be a good project guitar. So my question for you is how do I date this sucker and find out what it is. The serial number is 79920. He said he hopes to get $150 USD for it so I want to know if its a good deal. I tried finding something on teh internetz it but no luck. Can anyone of you help me?
My Gear
Black Fender Telecaster "California Series"
Arctic White Fender Strat with EMG SA/SA/85 and an SPC Presence Control
Crate MX65R Amp
Korg Toneworks AX1500G
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Tortex picks (orange)
Mogami Cables
If it is that old I may have to grab it. Ill try to get a picture of it today. Just don't know if I have a camera around. May end up being a crappy cell phone pic but I'll try. 120 seems pretty reasonable. Its a neck-thru double cutaway if that helps anyone with out a picture of it. Thanks for the help.
My Gear
Crate MX65R Amp
Korg Toneworks AX1500G
Mogami Cables
Quote by henleyj
If it is that old I may have to grab it. Ill try to get a picture of it today. Just don't know if I have a camera around. May end up being a crappy cell phone pic but I'll try. 120 seems pretty reasonable. Its a neck-thru double cutaway if that helps anyone with out a picture of it. Thanks for the help.

yea, a crappy cell phone pic will be fine. I'm not looking for a world class pic of it, just something that's gonna give a general idea. But, with the age of the guitar, I would definitely advise you to get it! And further inspect it, at the house. So, it really sounds like you found a gem of a guitar! =D
Well I went to pick it up today and he had sold the guitar. After doing some looking around i found out it was a 1979 Washburn Hawk. He sold it for $125 so I think I kinda missed out on a gem, but what can ya do? Better luck next time I guess.
My Gear
Crate MX65R Amp
Korg Toneworks AX1500G
Mogami Cables