Hey everyone, I am looking to buy a new amp and am having a hard time deciding....

Right now I have a 50W Traynor Tube Amp and it is TOO HEAVY in my opinion. It is too much of a hassle to take to my friends houses whenever we want to practice, and is pretty fragile and sometimes it "messes up" and won't play...

So I was wondering if you could help me decide on a new amp, it needs to be loud enough to play with drums and bass and vocals, and at small gigs and such. But not TOO heavy please.

I like to play high distortion power chords and loud solos, and my music styles are mainly punk, alternative, and hardcore. I have a Custom Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst.

Thank you very much for any help!
I don't know much about gear because I started off with the whole thing recently, but I saw a nice digital Fender that is very much tiny and cheap. I think it's one of the first in the series of digital amps, and it sounds real good.
Attachments:
GDEC.jpg
Try and find a used Marshall JCM900.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Are you going to sell your Traynor?

How much scrill do you want to spend?

What city do you live in?
Quote by SeriousMan
I don't know much about gear because I started off with the whole thing recently, but I saw a nice digital Fender that is very much tiny and cheap. I think it's one of the first in the series of digital amps, and it sounds real good.

Fair enough that you disclaimed you recently started... but your recommendation is far off the mark.

I am thinking of either an Orange Rocker 30 head (if you can sport a cab over at your friend's place... or a Orange Dual Terror

We'd need a budget to give you more informed choices
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Fair enough that you disclaimed you recently started... but your recommendation is far off the mark.

I am thinking of either an Orange Rocker 30 head (if you can sport a cab over at your friend's place... or a Orange Dual Terror

We'd need a budget to give you more informed choices

, I know...I listed it because it's really damn small and light. Sorry for being a noob.
wel;l ive got a line 6 spider valve 112 thats about 30 lbs and it 40 watts, plenty loud enough, i use it with my band at practices, im not sure about hardcore and punk tones tho(metalhead) so u might want to try before you buy but u should do that with any purchase. they have them at most guitar centers.

if you want a head, theres a bugera 6262 that sounds amazing and is $550 and 120 watts.
Quote by Tedward
Are you going to sell your Traynor?

How much scrill do you want to spend?

What city do you live in?

Yes I am selling the Traynor

Well I would like something in the $400 - $800 range

Stafford, Virginia

I have heard good things about Marshall's, so that Marshall suggestion really popped out to me, how many watts would you say I need to play in my band?