I've got the chance to make a guitar over the course of a year at my schools d and t workshop, i already own a tokai ex-55 explorer and a tokai super strat from the eighties. Nyway i was wondering what body style i should go for, i play lead guitar in a metal band.

Cheers.
Telecaster. Except with blackouts or your pickups of choice, along with a floyd rose
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
I would really look into designing something new. My bro and I made a guitar (link in sig) in his shop class. Its your chance to try and make yourself something unique.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by Headphonehead
some kind of custom v based shape

This. Be individual.
Why ask about a body shape? Shape has NO effect on the sound. The only things that will effect the sound of a guitar are the wood, pickups etc. The shape, paint etc is purely aesthetical (well, there is a debate about nitro vs acrylic lacquer, but you know what i mean) so you can do whatever the hell shape you like! Im gonna do a guitar for metal soon (EMG 81/85, floyd rose etc) but im making a tele shape coz i like em. Make the guitar whatever shape you want. Imagine your dream "metal" guitar. What is this like? Why not just do this? There is no rule saying that you MUST do a certain style of guitar if you play metal.
Cheers guys, I need to upload an old picture of a v I designed when I was bored in art class, see what you think, it looks a bit like a michael ammott sig dean v.
Quote by TokaiEX
Cheers guys, I need to upload an old picture of a v I designed when I was bored in art class, see what you think, it looks a bit like a michael ammott sig dean v.

Sounds interesting. May we see it? ^^
Quote by 3-R4Z0R
Sounds interesting. May we see it? ^^

Sorrry, i just need to find my art folder, it's probably at school, i'll check on monday.
Be creative and pick any shape which takes your fancy. We could all suggest a design, but its what pleases you which counts

Hope the project goes well