Hey people I need suggestions for some upbeat songs. I've got a show coming up soon and I need some songs that aren't to challenging to play but will get the crowd going! I've got 3 songs to play already they are;

The Kinks - You really got me
Weezer - Beverly Hills
Guns N' Roses - Patience

As I said I just need some real upbeat songs that the crowd can really get going to. We are first on aswell so we need to make an impression
Last edited by Jubalani at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
What genre? Because I can think of a bunch, but they might not be your liking.

This
anything by radiohead lol JK

erm,

get cape wear cape fly - call me ishmael
some beach boys stuff
goldfrapp - happiness

i could carry on for a while, but aren't because i'm going to watch the world cup xD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Great. Now you killed my list.

Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult.

I'm not kidding, either. Basically anything super catchy by BOC.
Classic rock? Doobie Brothers kinda go with that and their songs would work, maybe That Smell by Skynyrd
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
Quote by Jubalani
Oh my bad. Looking for Classic Rock, Glam Rock - Stuff like that.

Doesn't glam leave you with, you know, pretty much an entire genre?
Once fixed a toilet with an old trombone...
you drive me crazy - fine young cannibals
kiss - prince (sing it in a lower octave)....this is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser especially for girls. trust me, never fails anywhere.

crazy thing called love - queen version
semi charmed kind of life - third eye blind
you wreck me - tom petty
sex machine - james brown
Do you want something exciting? "Private Idaho" by The B-52's might work. Ricky used an odd guitar tuning for the song though - He removed the two middle strings, Tuned the High E string down to B and tuned the A string up one step. He used tunings like this for most early B-52's songs. I posted a tab for this song on here but when I wrote the tab I didn't hear everything. Sometimes Ricky would be playing two parts at once, I didn't hear that then because it was played at the same time as Kate played the bass on the keyboards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7t7cGwN7_0
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Do you want something exciting? "Private Idaho" by The B-52's might work. Ricky used an odd guitar tuning for the song though - He removed the two middle strings, Tuned the High E string down to B and tuned the A string up one step. He used tunings like this for most early B-52's songs. I posted a tab for this song on here but when I wrote the tab I didn't hear everything. Sometimes Ricky would be playing two parts at once, I didn't hear that then because it was played at the same time as Kate played the bass on the keyboards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7t7cGwN7_0

Hmm I don't think thats quite what im looking for. Plus I don't really want to have to mess with tunings too much - Just Standard and Drop D maybe.
Glam <3
Live Wire - Motley Crue
Wild side- Motley Crue
Looks that kill, Kickstart my heart, too fast for love, alot of thier hits really

Alot of poison too