how much should i use a metronome, everyday i practice with it for at least 20 min. but should i use it throughout my whole practice?
Quote by brenton393
how much should i use a metronome, everyday i practice with it for at least 20 min. but should i use it throughout my whole practice?

Use it as much as you think you can get away with. If your just learning a new song and trying to get a handle on the fingerings, then you shouldn't worry about it, but anything you have control over you should practice with a metronome (in my opinion)
imo, if you really have control over it, you would not NEED a metronome.

as above said, if you are just running through a piece or just trying to figure it out, a metronome is going to be extremely unhelpful 'cause it was force you to keep going and ignore your mistakes.

Use a metronome when you have to practise getting something right. meaning, you can get it right, you just need to be able to do it consistently.
Metronomes are no fun when they go tick tock tock tock-tick tock tock tock-tick.... Get a drum machine, they're much more fun. Drum machines usually have a whole bunch of different drum loops you can choose from. Some have the abilty to choose what drum set sound you want too. Drum machines come fairly cheap, say 200 bucks USD used or $350 and up new.
It won't hurt so long as you're playing within your capabilities, like others have said.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Hmmm...try using it until it drives you nuts. I never saw a band that didn't have a drummer.