I am looking for a good $500 guitar. I mostly play like Thrash Metal ( Metallica, Megadeth, that kinda stuff) , but I need something that can also be used to play classic rock, hard rock and grunge. Right now I am looking at these guitars:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-M401-Electric-Guitar?sku=423741

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRXT-Warrior-Electric-Guitar?sku=520326

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGA42FM-Electric-Guitar?sku=502235

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML79-Electric-Guitar?sku=512932

Should I stick with one of these or get something else?
Do you require a tremolo or do you want one? Or do you want a hardtail guitar..

Other than that, I don't think you can go wrong with those choices.
even if you're going to buy online, play it in a store first and choose the one that FEELS best
Between those guitars, the ESP LTD M-401 would be my choice. But i'm not a fan of active pickups, so...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
yea they all look really good, but i personally dont like dean and ibanez that much
I would go with the ESP LTD M-401 out of those, they really can do just about anything.
I will probably either go with the M-401 or the WRXT, but are theirany otherguitars that anyone recommends?
what are your amps and effects? do you use several tunings? do you want a trem? are you a lead or rythm player? do you need a trem? do you need 24 frets? do you care about looking metal?
hello

n.n
Quote by BusterSword
what are your amps and effects? do you use several tunings? do you want a trem? are you a lead or rythm player? do you need a trem? do you need 24 frets? do you care about looking metal?

I have a Randall RX75DG2 75W, an Ibanez SM7, and a Dunlop Crybaby Kirk Hammett Wah. Yes I need 24 frets and looking metal would be nice. I mostly play lead and sometimes rythym. A floyd rose or khaler is not needed but could come in handy.
Last edited by Guitarhead37 at Jun 18, 2010,
bc rich jr v deluxe, i got one brand new for $600 obo. great metal guitar.
Trivium Rocks!!!
Quote by RD_777
bc rich jr v deluxe, i got one brand new for $600 obo. great metal guitar.

Sorta trying to avoid the V.
V is as metal as you get but wutever floats your boat
Trivium Rocks!!!
you didnt say a thing about the tunings. a trem would be a hassle if you have to switch tunings... also, would you buy a used guitar?
hello

n.n
Quote by BusterSword
you didnt say a thing about the tunings. a trem would be a hassle if you have to switch tunings... also, would you buy a used guitar?

I don't care too much about tunings, just need something that sounds good in like drop d. Might by a used guitar
Quote by archenemyfan

That is a really good suggestion. In your price range, I'd say that looking into Ibanez is a good place to start. They are quality! There are a variety of models in your range that will feel and sound a bit diff
Quote by Guitarhead37
I don't care too much about tunings, just need something that sounds good in like drop d. Might by a used guitar

if you're going to switch tunings regularly, you will be better with no trem at all, that's why it's important

also, actives are nothing bad. try the guitar before you buy it and make you own opinions on it, not on what some guy says on the internet.

and buying a used guitar is the best you could do IMO. try searching for used LTD EC-1000's or an Edwards. Dont search gibsons at that price because they are most likely sh*t. You may find some cool old ibanezs, jacksons, arias and charvels. They are worth checking out, but they will most likely have a tremolo, so if you dont really need one, then pass on them.

Also, have you checked rondomusic.com?? they have awesome guitars at great prices. for $500 you could get a great guitar. There is not really much at that price range, but they are really great.
hello

n.n