yes i am bored, ive been running thru the church modes and stuff, and trying out my own riffs, but its starting to become redundant, any ideas?
I find that if I can't make any riffs just change tuning from Standard to Drop D for example then just play around from there, incorporating the low D into the riffs.
Quote by red157
Getting killed is an occupational hazard when you're an armed robber.

Quote by Random88
Drunk birds falling over? Sounds like Glasgow

'The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.'

- Jimi Hendrix
Learn some of your favourite songs and figure how the scales work within them to achieve certain sounds.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Expiration with the Atonal or Americana idioms look up serialism for atonal. Americana is based around suspended chords and opposed to major or minor(though major and minor do appear as the suspensions do in the ordinary formats
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
Quote by RATMRUSH
I find that if I can't make any riffs just change tuning from Standard to Drop D for example then just play around from there, incorporating the low D into the riffs.

this. i find when you mess around in different tunings it becomes alot more interesting to write different sounding riffs.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
keep doing what you've always done and you'll continue to get what you've always gotten.
can you do some more explaining on that cause i looked it up and the sights ive been at dont do the best job at explaining it, but i think i sorta get the pic
nvm i figured it, as i said the site i was one was kinda crappy but i saw a youtube vid that explained it all, thanks for keeping my mind occupied for a little bit lol now im bored again
Quote by theunforgivn
yes i am bored, ive been running thru the church modes and stuff, and trying out my own riffs, but its starting to become redundant, any ideas?

make a post on ug.??

Quote by theunforgivn
nvm i figured it, as i said the site i was one was kinda crappy but i saw a youtube vid that explained it all, thanks for keeping my mind occupied for a little bit lol now im bored again

then lets be honest maybe you should re evaluate your decision to play guitar.

honestly i have played guitar for a long time and i cant think of a single time i was "bored" of it. i can attribute this to passion for music. if your bored "again" maybe your just not mentally involved enough with it to progress.

No one here is gonna motivate you with suggestions
only you are gonna motivate yourself with desire.
Last edited by Coagulation at Jun 21, 2010,
yea i was bored at the fact that i was playing the same stuff over and over again and i wanted to learn something new and expand my musical knowledge, you know you learn 2+2 and your exited, but then a year later there still showing you 2+2