Not sure if this is in the right section :/ oh well, here goes

Please dont name any extremly obvious ones like folsom prison

I want other lively ones

I covered It aint me babe before and it went down very well

This time im playing Daddy Sang Bass and ???

Anyone wanna help me out?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
Quote by BoxerLadABC
I covered It aint me babe before and it went down very well

didnt bob dylan write that?

anyway, im a huge johnny cash fan, id say some livelier songs are hey porter, i've been everywhere (i think its a cover, but his version is awesome), jackson (if you can find a girl to sing it with) and get rhythm (also needs female vocals).

if you're looking for some other lively country songs, try some alan jackson, chattahoochie is a particular favourie of mine.

hope that helps.
A boy named sue gets everyone howling if delivered right!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Stud_Muffin
didnt bob dylan write that?

anyway, im a huge johnny cash fan, id say some livelier songs are hey porter, i've been everywhere (i think its a cover, but his version is awesome), jackson (if you can find a girl to sing it with) and get rhythm (also needs female vocals).

if you're looking for some other lively country songs, try some alan jackson, chattahoochie is a particular favourie of mine.

hope that helps.

Yeah dylan wrote, but Johnnys version is 100x better. But dont get me wrong i LOVE Dylan but that particular version wasnt very good

I was thinking about hey porter...ill look into doing chattahoochie(damn good song)
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

Quote by TheFly_1990
A boy named sue gets everyone howling if delivered right!

Too long and repetitive
"I want a drink"

Get A Rhythm or whatever it's called.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Any others?
"I want a drink"

Personally I think 'Hurt' is one of the most emotional songs ever written.
Sea of heartbreak?

I walk the line

This isn't Cash but try 'Speed of the sound of loneliness' - its pretty good to cover. And yeah, there are TONS of country artists (PAYCHECK!) who are also real good.
Speed of the sound of loneliness is a John Prine tune... Cash has covered a huge number of songs in his long career, likely hundreds.
Do some listening.
I agree, Hurt is an amazing song. Johnny Cash SO out-performed Nine Inch Nails with that song. I find it's a little ironic that he died soon after he recorded it... It's upsetting. It's as if he knew it was coming. Well, of course he did, but not like that soon. Hurt is a great and simple song to play, maybe during the middle of a set, to get people to chillax for a few minutes, then bring back the swinging country Could play Ring Of Fire
Don't forget Ring of Fire and Folsom Prison Blues... Everyone plays them for a reason. If you do it right, people will listen to whatever you have to say after one of those.

I know you said you didn't want obvious ones, but, again, theres a reason everyone does them.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
There are none. Johnny Cash = overrated, and rarely popular outside of the USA.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
"Hurt". One of the few songs that can make men cry.
Gear:
Jasmine ES33C
Hamer Sunburst Archtop Flametop
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Fender Frontman 25R
I agree with playing Hurt... I am learning that one now too and it is a very good song.. Very emotional too.. I love watching the video of him singing it.. Johnny Cash is by far one of my favorite guitarist
Deliahs dead ( not sure about spelling)
it is a really food song and there's plenty of room for modification if you want to do a whole different version, the song is aucoustic.
Quote by seemeel
There are none. Johnny Cash = overrated, and rarely popular outside of the USA.

Hope you're joking.
cocaine blues in the JC style, when the man comes around, gods going to cut you down is good if the audience is into it.
Now thats the ugliest damn bong I've ever seen!
Quote by unproductive
cocaine blues in the JC style, when the man comes around, gods going to cut you down is good if the audience is into it.

Exactly what I was going to say. Serious on the Cocaine Blues part too. That's probably one of his fastest, most uptempo songs. God's Gonna Cut You Down only really pulls off the whole effect if you have a full band behind you though, so if you're talking a solo acoustic performance, I'd shy away from it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray