How could talent such as this go unrecognized?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo0Mc8ELEg

I can't find any mp3's, CD's, or albums by this amazing "shredder".

I use the term "shredder" lightly because he's been quoted in saying that shredding "is just a thing I do on the side for fun". He's not trying to be cocky either, he much prefers playing classic rock in a traditional rock band setting.

Anyone else think he plays amazingly smooth and precise? I feel like I'm missing something, though. I'm not very theory savvy, so I wonder if what he is playing is not very complex or technical. I know there's a lot of sweeps, but is that about as difficult as it gets?

EDIT:

At about 2:10 and on he goes into a crazy solo run, and at 3:16 a crazy sweep arpeggio run. Be sure to watch it.

And here's some other videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=dKizJCS9z6k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=u31qXWntCeY&feature=related
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Last edited by Scopic at Jun 18, 2010,
I think the reason that he's so unrecognized is that he really isn't doing anything special or groundbreaking, at least from the videos/songs I've heard from him. It seems to be the same harmonic minor neoclassical sweep etudes that have been around for what seems like forever.

Now, his technical ability is definitely top notch. He doesn't really do anything technically "different" (mainly just sweeps and alternate/economy picking runs) but he has those techniques nailed pretty well and plays them extremely cleanly. It's really not as hard as it sounds, though, it just takes some practice to get the precision down.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I suppose I do see what your saying about the overuse of "standard" sweep positions. I mean, even his other songs sound extremely similar to one another.

When I watch him play though, it inspires me. To play that cleanly and effortlessly would be incredible.

Ah well, back to practice!

EDIT:

LOL, How could I have missed his Wiki page!?

Thank you!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Pretty sick technique, he just doesn't really do anything special. Most of his songs pretty much sound exactly the same too =\
He's from the same city I live in (in sweden)
Saw him a few weeks ago with Danger Danger, and then I didn't even know he was swedish. Although on wikipedia it says he's american...

Great guitarist & great concert :P
Pretty generic to me, just like most other neoclassical shredders.

Go find some Andy Timmons (ex Danger Danger too). His technique may not be as good as Rob Marcello's, but he is more versatile and his phrasing is great.
Quote by rokknrollkid
this is not Kee Marcello...

Probably the same guy, anyway.
He's crazy clean, and his technique is good, but he's not doing anything special. He's doing the same ol' Neoclassical shred thing that heaps and heaps before him have done.