i'll start by saying, prepare to be bashed for recording with gp6!!

not by me as shitloads of mine were done with gp5

nice riffs, liked the sound with the melodies, and the deep breakdown on requiem
structured well, drums sounded a bit bare on the first breakdown though?

we call this sorta genre 'technical tropical metal'
not too sure why, but the melodies give it a tropical sound? it just fits! haha

but yeah i liked requiem

started on drifter now
sounded very alike? still ace though, use of panning at the start was phat, liked that (Y)
this shit needs lyrics mayyn!
riff starting at 1:03 was real good
part at 1:56 or summat sounded like a videogame! but it sounded good
all the solo-ey parts have a really nice feel to them, almost warming ya know?
but overall, great work on both of them dude!

just add little bits here and there and get them recorded properly and they'll be even better!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319090

ta
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Personally I wasn't a fan of the style at all. A bit fruity.

It was certainly played well though, so kudos. Do you play anything that's actually metal though?
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Guitar Pro isn't recording. This should probably be in the tab section rather than recording
^ Yeah this. Who here actually posts stuff they're playing that doesnt involve some stupid software?
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by celitus
Guitar Pro isn't recording. This should probably be in the tab section rather than recording

Thank you for your comment, I wasn't sure where to put this. I won't make the mistake again

Peace.
Quote by Trey Spruance
Personally I wasn't a fan of the style at all. A bit fruity.

It was certainly played well though, so kudos. Do you play anything that's actually metal though?

Thanks for the comment. I'll take the fruity style as a compliment, I tried to make it colorful

Peace.
Don't listen to the army of "dur dur dur metlz is da best diembagz wuz so skeelful" people, because believe or not, some styles of metal have evolved beyond backwoods redneck yelling vocals and palm muted guitar riffs. As for your piece, I don't see why everyone is crying so much at the guitar pro file, lots of people do that and regularly post it on here. As for the song, it's good stuff man, I'm a huge fan of the progressive style, and I can dig it. It's very "colorful" as you worded it, keep it up man. Not everyone has to have the same opinions. :P

-flameshield ON

EDIT: feel free to convert those bad boys to GP5 and message them my way, I'd love to learn them. Also, would be cool if you checked out my work in progress: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327775
Last edited by HunterRiggs10 at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by El Boyo
i'll start by saying, prepare to be bashed for recording with gp6!!

not by me as shitloads of mine were done with gp5

nice riffs, liked the sound with the melodies, and the deep breakdown on requiem
structured well, drums sounded a bit bare on the first breakdown though?

we call this sorta genre 'technical tropical metal'
not too sure why, but the melodies give it a tropical sound? it just fits! haha

but yeah i liked requiem

started on drifter now
sounded very alike? still ace though, use of panning at the start was phat, liked that (Y)
this shit needs lyrics mayyn!
riff starting at 1:03 was real good
part at 1:56 or summat sounded like a videogame! but it sounded good
all the solo-ey parts have a really nice feel to them, almost warming ya know?
but overall, great work on both of them dude!

just add little bits here and there and get them recorded properly and they'll be even better!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319090

ta

Thank you very much for your comment! I wanted to hear the opinions of people and to perfect the song before recording it properly.

I tried to make the melodies colorful, so "technical tropical metal" doesn't sound too bad I'm happy to know that you like the feel of the melodies, there are supposed to give good vibes

I've actually updated both songs, so if you want to listen to them they flow pretty nice now.

I'm listening to your songs at the moment, and I will leave a comment on your thread.

Peace.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Don't listen to the army of "dur dur dur metlz is da best diembagz wuz so skeelful" people, because believe or not, some styles of metal have evolved beyond backwoods redneck yelling vocals and palm muted guitar riffs. As for your piece, I don't see why everyone is crying so much at the guitar pro file, lots of people do that and regularly post it on here. As for the song, it's good stuff man, I'm a huge fan of the progressive style, and I can dig it. It's very "colorful" as you worded it, keep it up man. Not everyone has to have the same opinions. :P

-flameshield ON

EDIT: feel free to convert those bad boys to GP5 and message them my way, I'd love to learn them. Also, would be cool if you checked out my work in progress: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327775

Thank you for your input and comment! Progression is what its all about!

I am listening to your song right now and i'll give my thoughts about it in your thread.

Peace.
agree to disagree on this one then. It just wasn't metal at all though so I don't think it should have even been labeled as such. Sounded like some dodgy progressive jazz or something.
Quote by Trey Spruance
agree to disagree on this one then. It just wasn't metal at all though so I don't think it should have even been labeled as such. Sounded like some dodgy progressive jazz or something.

Absolutely, this world would be a bland place without everyone having their own opinions, and although it wasn't straight up "metal" as you'd say, in the terms of thrashy-ness and what have you, in today's music scene, lots and lots of stuff are labeled under a broad category as "metal", and this progressive sound is just one of them. Didn't mean to come off as quite as much of a douchebag in my original post, .
I really dig but think it would sound much better if you somehow got a Pro Tools LE set up and just record you playing it. I don't like the feel that Guitar Pro gives music. It feels fake. That's pretty impressive that you had the patience to make Guitar Pro work as a writing tool for you though. All I have to say is that it doesn't work for me.
Quote by gabestigmatic
I really dig but think it would sound much better if you somehow got a Pro Tools LE set up and just record you playing it. I don't like the feel that Guitar Pro gives music. It feels fake. That's pretty impressive that you had the patience to make Guitar Pro work as a writing tool for you though. All I have to say is that it doesn't work for me.

Thank you! Its only temporary while I perfect the songs, and then I'll record them properly.

Peace.
i listened to Contact and liked it. obviously it'd sound a lot smoother with real instruments but the gp6 rse is good enough to give me a general idea of what you were going for, unlike the garbage gp5 RSE that i'm used to hearing (i neeeeeed gp6).

it's very melodic and airy, and when the heavier riffs come in it doesn't feel forced or anything. parts do feel sort of repetitive, but putting some vocals over top of this would probably make up for that and it wasn't droning enough to make me dislike the song. during the part with the lead line going over the acoustic rhythm, i think a few harmonies here and there would really spice it up.

some of it reminds me of Sky Eats Airplane. good stuff man, keep it up.

check mine out?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328377
Last edited by flame843 at Jun 21, 2010,
Quote by flame843
i listened to Contact and liked it. obviously it'd sound a lot smoother with real instruments but the gp6 rse is good enough to give me a general idea of what you were going for, unlike the garbage gp5 RSE that i'm used to hearing (i neeeeeed gp6).

it's very melodic and airy, and when the heavier riffs come in it doesn't feel forced or anything. parts do feel sort of repetitive, but putting some vocals over top of this would probably make up for that and it wasn't droning enough to make me dislike the song. during the part with the lead line going over the acoustic rhythm, i think a few harmonies here and there would really spice it up.

some of it reminds me of Sky Eats Airplane. good stuff man, keep it up.

check mine out?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328377

Thank you for the tips! I will see what I can do. Your the second person to tell me that it sounds like SEA, and I love SEA! I might even add some electronic/ambient sounds to the songs when I'm done with them.

I'm listening to your song and I'll post my comment on your thread.

Peace.
whoever said that this shouldent be in here because 'its not real' is shit!

so what happens if someone makes some dubstep or dance music? that not allowed either cos it aint real?

ive been posting gp5 shit for ages in here and not a single person has said that it shouldent be here?

some people, like myself and others either dont have/cant afford or cant use recording software

guitar pro at least gives you the feel of the track.

i mean, ive never written a song that hasnt been tabbed on gp5

guitar pro is where its at im afraid
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Quote by El Boyo
whoever said that this shouldent be in here because 'its not real' is shit!

so what happens if someone makes some dubstep or dance music? that not allowed either cos it aint real?

ive been posting gp5 shit for ages in here and not a single person has said that it shouldent be here?

some people, like myself and others either dont have/cant afford or cant use recording software

guitar pro at least gives you the feel of the track.

i mean, ive never written a song that hasnt been tabbed on gp5

guitar pro is where its at im afraid

Agreed. I'm asking for opinions about the guitar work, not the tone. So I don't know what the big fuss is about. I also tab all my songs into Guitar Pro before doing anything.

Peace.
I am going to be recording the guitars properly with a Line 6 POD Studio UX1, and will use Drumkit From Hell/Superior Drums for drums in August so I can make a demo. Then soon after I will be looking for a vocalist so I can make an EP later on.
Last edited by DestructoX at Jul 12, 2010,
Another new song! "Dawn Of A New Day" which will be the outro of my album, now on my profile or at http://soundcloud.com/bornofmaya/dawn-of-a-new-day

5 track demo properly recorded coming in August! Get ready

Peace
Last edited by DestructoX at Jul 16, 2010,
I liked it! I'm not big on technical stuff though, just like a little tech in some stuff, not so many time changes you know? I'm sure it would sound good with a real guitar and better drum quality! Check mine out! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338669 It's more of just Deathcore/Metalcore, with a small bit of tech.

3/5 if I could rate it overall (4/5 with real instruments)
Quote by Xalor1993
I liked it! I'm not big on technical stuff though, just like a little tech in some stuff, not so many time changes you know? I'm sure it would sound good with a real guitar and better drum quality! Check mine out! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338669 It's more of just Deathcore/Metalcore, with a small bit of tech.

3/5 if I could rate it overall (4/5 with real instruments)

Thanks for your comment! It sure will sound better when recorded with a real guitar.

I'm listening to your song and I'll comment on your thread.

Peace.
I really liked em'.
The transitions from heavy to melody are done really well, and the lead lines are great.
I'm extremely picky with breakdowns, but you pulled them off pretty well, some felt drawn out, but there's alot of potential.
The only other thing is that it felt a bit repetitive in the song structure, from heavy > melody line > breakdown, etc.
But overall, I think they're pretty damn good.
Quote by Coheed777
I really liked em'.
The transitions from heavy to melody are done really well, and the lead lines are great.
I'm extremely picky with breakdowns, but you pulled them off pretty well, some felt drawn out, but there's alot of potential.
The only other thing is that it felt a bit repetitive in the song structure, from heavy > melody line > breakdown, etc.
But overall, I think they're pretty damn good.

Thank you for your input! I was also worried about the repetitive song structure. I might add some more riffs in between to be more progressive and make the songs longer.

I'm also planning on adding some experimental/ambiental parts some how to change it up a bit.

Peace.