Page 1 of 2
Never done it but I think it can look really cool if its done right. When I went to paris there was graffiti all over the place, even on peoples cars and stuff.
I did before with my cousin when I was about 11, we were like "ololol lets do hood rat stuff with our friends"
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I have respect for other peoples property, so no.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Usually I think its stupid but sometimes...

Sometimes they just hit the nail on the head
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I only appreciate it when it's proper art and not just a scribble or an unintelligible mess of someone's name.

Also:
*Jet Grind Radio*

God I loved that game.

Better way of putting it.

Does anyone have a link to the evolution one? It's across a really long wall and basically starts off with a cell evolving into humanity and then going back.

I still own that
My dreamcast is actually out in my car.. I've got all the wires and everything, but.. I lost both my damn controllers

So now it just sits there..
i've never done it.

i think the little scribbles and texts that kids write everywhere nowadays should be outlawed.

however, real, colourful graffiti is awesome. it livens up dull architecture and corporate surroundings.

EDIT:
yes, the Sega games were amazing. i only played Jet Set Radio Future on the xbox, though. one of my favourite games ever!
Last edited by heminder at Jun 18, 2010,
I also wanna say well placed graffiti is fine with me, even if awful.

toilets can **** off, but shit on a billboard above a railway or something, i dunno, i struggle to think of a worthy example.
But real NINJA shit, yeah.
I drew this when I was about 9 or 10:

Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by Erik_Aero
Isn't that chalk though?^

Photoshop.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I have respect for other peoples property, so no.

Some of the graffiti in my local city is so good, the council agreed to keep the graffiti up by (vast) majority vote.
Quote by Craigo
Some of the graffiti in my local city is so good, the council agreed to keep the graffiti up by (vast) majority vote.

There's always really good graffiti on train cars. I like to stand there and look at them as they pass.
Graffiti is so stupid.. I don't get why people would rather paint on a building that someone worked hard to design rather than just paint on a canvas.
Quote by Craigo

That's fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean people should be able to run around and valdalize other peoples property.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean people should be able to run around and valdalize other peoples property.

I'm very lenient when it comes to actual forms of art. Good graffiti is not usually done on family houses or anything anyway.
Speaking of Graffiti. There has been a lot lately in my neighborhood.

Kids tagging up fences, garages, cars.

Quote by Craigo
That's real, believe it or not.

I don't.
Attachments:
temp.jpg
Quote by Turkeyburger
Graffiti is so stupid.. I don't get why people would rather paint on a building that someone worked hard to design rather than just paint on a canvas.

it's more interesting, less dull, gets a different audience then the museum scene does, and gets a message across sometimes.

Musuems are to high class or dull for most people.
Quote by Craigo

Is it?

But it seems like an edited in photo, unlike the actual street drawing linked to in the vid.

And I've never had a hand in graffiti, be it design or execution. Have neither the talent or the balls. I do have respect for the reasoning of some, though.

The Stoke's Croft area of Bristol is hideous wherever graffiti hasn't yet been placed.
I like graffiti. Thats all to be said .
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I did street art before, stopped because it pulls you down into other crimes and shit.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
I did street art before, stopped because it pulls you down into other crimes and shit.

How???
ive tried my hand at it a few times. they came out alright for the most part, although it is fairly hard to get even lines and everything smooth starting out. one tip i have is to wear some rubber gloves. your hands will get covered in paint and thats kind of a dead give away if you ever run into the cops or anything.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Gord@k

Please explain, i would love to hear.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Quote by red157
It's a gateway crime, geddit?

Just like people who illegally download music - they're then 70% more prone to rape.

Obviously.

I once graffed a wall y'know.

BAM!

20 seconds later i murderd a family.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by Gord@k

Apart from tresspassing, I fail to see what other crimes being a graffiti artist leads you too.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I started just walking on the grass where their were signs saying not to.

Now I have cancer, though Im not sure if thats a crime.
Quote by Craigo

No, he is right. It's digital.

This is the real art.

This is the digital done before as a reference.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Page 1 of 2