Me and my band (2 guitars, bass, drums and male vocals) are looking for a song we can play on a talent contest in the next month.
The song must be rock/80's metal.
The guitar solo can't be too hard!
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
Finally another 80s-rock lover!!

We play a lot of glam metal as a band, the last song we've played live was Nothin But A Good Time.

However, we WERE supposed to play Home Sweet Home. If you've got a keyboard player, play it, it kicks ass.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
How about something by Helloween if by 80's metal you mean Heavy Metal. If you mean Pop Metal(Hair Metal) than I would suggest anything by Bon Jovi of course. But I'm not a huge fan of their 80's music. Other than that try Warrant for a few songs.
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
Last edited by JimBonJovi at Jun 18, 2010,
How aboot Balls to the Wall by Accept, thats a badass song, and you can mainly just improvise the solo. Or Wild Child by W.A.S.P.. theres even a good tab on this site. Metal on Metal by Anvil could use a redo with some decent vocals, or if you're looking for something slower, Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy would be a good choice, it's not as difficult as it sounds, and you could play Dee to lead into it.
Jane's Addiction - STOP!!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Finally another 80s-rock lover!!

We play a lot of glam metal as a band, the last song we've played live was Nothin But A Good Time.

However, we WERE supposed to play Home Sweet Home. If you've got a keyboard player, play it, it kicks ass.

Same here, such a beauty
And I definitely agree with Warrant, Cherry Pie is usually a crowd pleaser =)