I'm attempting to set-up my newly bought Schecter C-1 Elite. If you saw my NGD thread I just bought it used for $250. It was set-up well, but I wanted to put it in dropped C and put some thicker strings on.

I put on 11-14-18-30-42-52, and the guitar itself is a 25.5" scale length. I didn't adjust the bridge at all (so far) and I just re-strung it. I've stretched the strings out a bit, and now I'm just letting it sit.

Here's where I want the help: I've never adjusted a guitar's truss rod that has a set neck.. Does this make a difference? I'm going to try and get as low action as possible without any fret buzz.

As it is now the action is a little high, I want to lower it, and I should tighten the rod right?

After I do that, should I adjust the bridge at all in case there's buzzing? That's how it was with my LTD.

Probably a stupid question, but I'm just making sure so I don't harm my guitar.

TL;DR: Tightening truss rod, should I adjust my bridge after to fix buzzing, or should I adjust bridge FIRST and then mess with the truss rod?
i can't answer your question, but i have some advice... if it aint broke, don't fix it...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Adjust it at the bridge before you bother with the truss rod. The change in tension is only very little so you shouldn't need to bother with the truss rod at all.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
Adjust it at the bridge before you bother with the truss rod. The change in tension is only very little so you shouldn't need to bother with the truss rod at all.

Okay, I'll post further later.. I let it sit for a little while to see how it deals with the tension, and let the strings sit before I stretch them again.

I figured the change in tension would be enough that I'd have to adjust the truss rod, it was for my LTD.
Either way, you should only adjust your truss rod if you absolutely have to.

I would think that 11-52 in drop c would have similar tension to 10-46 in Standard.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
Either way, you should only adjust your truss rod if you absolutely have to.

I would think that 11-52 in drop c would have similar tension to 10-46 in Standard.

Thanks a bunch. I'm pretty sure that's what it was strung with, as well, in standard..

So you probably just completely helped me.