So there is a new shop in my local mall that only sells old games/consoles like the NES, Atari and Sega Genesis. It is extremely popular I see even little kids who were born in the early 2000's love it. Also I am starting to notice like the new Super Mario Bros Wii and the new Sonic 4 games that they are sort of going back to their old style. What fascinates people so much about retro games even when the visual/ sound quality back then is nothing compared to today's standards?
I love stores like that, there is one really close to where I live and I've gotten so many awesome games from them. And the reason that people are still playing them now is because they are that damn good.
Quote by CaptainRon
the games are good?

a game doesn't need good graphics to be good. imagine that.

I know. I used to own a Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis and it brings back good memories but these kids who were born in the last decade weren't around when these were current.
not really, 21st century gaming:
Mindblowing graphic + Guns + Female = Instant hit
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by darkcheef
Once those kids play Contra, this trend will die fast.

Lol maybe. Compare that to today's gun games and they'd think it was a joke. It must be a lot more simple than the newer games. The new games are SO ****ng complicated you got shit coming at you from all directions and all these weapons and sub weapons and sub weapons for the sub weapons and it gets ****in ridiculous. In the old games you're just going from side to side.
the game designers are f/king out of ideas
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
not really, 21st century gaming:
Mindblowing graphic + Guns + Female = Instant hit

now add genius gameplay to that and you have Metroid Prime, which combines what made the oldschool games so awesome (the exploring, sense of isolation, etc.) and put it in a brand spaking new package, and I think many will agree that it was one of the best games of the decade.

Quote by darkcheef
Once those kids play Contra, this trend will die fast.

I wouldn't say that, tons of people still play balls-hard games like Ikaruga and stuff.
Pfft please, Contra III is one of the hardest games I've ever played in my life (next to NES Ninja Gaiden and two player Battletoads) . I'd love to see a kid beat that game on hard mode.
Quote by darkcheef
Pfft please, Contra III is one of the hardest games I've ever played in my life (next to NES Ninja Gaiden and two player Battletoads) . I'd love to see a kid beat that game on hard mode.

I bet kids at b-day parties sit around the tv for hours taking turns trying to beat that game.

At least, that's what I did

PS. And Ninja Gaiden is the shit my second all time favorite NES game (behind the first Castlevania) and it took me 6 years to beat it!
Quote by darkcheef

pfft, I'd like to see YOU beat it on hard mode, WITHOUT the 30+ lives code
I can't even get past the first level even with 30 lives

But NES Castlevania made me raeg so hard, the Frankenstein flee guys made me almost break the controller