Page 1 of 2
Hey there Pit! I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning. Bottom and top. So I'm stuck to sitting on the couch here watching TV/movies and slurping ice cream and jello. Thankfully I have my mom and her friend here to tell me that I have ice cream dribbling down my chin .

But anyways, I was wondering how my fellow UGers got through the few days of recovery? What did you guys eat? Drink? Do to pass time?

Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday
Wow your a true genius UFhobo

Quote by slight☼return
holy shitnelte herp derped with fries brah.

Quote by J Mud
I love five guys. It does look gross in pictures, but it tastes too damn good.
I pondered philosophy. Isnt that what everyone does when they lose their wisdom tooth?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Guess what? It hurts more tomorrow.

I loved getting my wisdom teeth out. Not too much pain + a week off school just hanging out. Awesome.

I can't remember what I ate. I think I just had soup and ice cream. Both of which I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to have, because hot food and cold food affects the stitches.

EDIT: Make sure you do that thing where they get you to wash your mouth out with salt water about 15 times a day. I know someone who didn't and their gums got all infected. Nasty.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by Nelsean
I pondered philosophy. Isnt that what everyone does when they lose their wisdom tooth?

HOBEdit: @-xCaMRocKx-
Yeah, I've been having the ice cream and trying to keep it towards the front of my mouth and just letting it melt. My mom said she doesn't remember them saying anything about ice cream affecting the stitches but thanks for the warning. Thankfully I'm off of school now, so I'm just gonna wait around for my friends to show up, haha.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Last edited by UFhobo at Jun 18, 2010,
Im getting mine taken out in the next month...

from what ive heard, smoking pot nonstop helps, as with any other drugs with a relaxing/numbing effect

anyways, as to the topic of the actual procedure, what's it like? because of how brutal the whole thing sounds, should I get gassed?
It took me about a day to recover. I slept off the worst of it after getting the surgery and then woke up in the middle of the night and ate a box of gogurt and drank a lot of chocolate milk.

MY lip was numb for a few days since one of the teeth really didn't want to come out and I got nerve damage but that was it. I was running again in 3 days.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I had one taken out.

Wasn't a big deal at all.

It didn't hurt unbearably afterwards, just kind of uncomfortable.

I still have two that need to come out though.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by piratemetalhead

from what ive heard, smoking pot nonstop helps, as with any other drugs with a relaxing/numbing effect

anyways, as to the topic of the actual procedure, what's it like? because of how brutal the whole thing sounds, should I get gassed?

Well, you're not supposed to do any form of smoking because of the 'sucking'. Just like you're not supposed to drink out of straws. So I'd advise against the pot thing. However, they did give me Vicodin, so I'm on that and that helps quite a bit.

As for the gas, yes, I got the 'happy gas' stuff and then they put me out. I DEFINITELY think you should get it. I'm not a fan of needles, so it makes that part easier, too. But I don't remember ANYTHING after they put the anesthetic in. My mom said that after I woke up, I asked for my cell phone and started texting people... and the surgeon guy asked me if I was sure I should be doing that because I wouldn't know what I'd be doing. And... he was right, I looked back through my sent messages and I don't remember sending any of them thankfully they weren't "bad" though.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
had mine taken out about 4 months ago. i got a lucky break and had no pain, no swollen cheeks, and i could eat solid foods within the week. and i got big ole horse teeth too
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Ugh, I dread getting mine out.

I'll probably just stay drunk for a couple days.
yeah, I'm not a fan of needles in my mouth either, and I find I'm still perfectly awake with neeedles, just with a numb mouth
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Guess what? It hurts more tomorrow.

I loved getting my wisdom teeth out. Not too much pain + a week off school just hanging out. Awesome.

I can't remember what I ate. I think I just had soup and ice cream. Both of which I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to have, because hot food and cold food affects the stitches.

EDIT: Make sure you do that thing where they get you to wash your mouth out with salt water about 15 times a day. I know someone who didn't and their gums got all infected. Nasty.

A WEEK off school?

What are you? A pussy or something?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Ugh, I dread getting mine out.

I'll probably just stay drunk for a couple days.
no alchohol for you my man. booze'll ruin the stitched
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Quote by meow1992
no alchohol for you my man. booze'll ruin the stitched

I'll pick up some Suck n' Blows. Should go straight down my throat without touching the stitches.

edit;; Nah, not really. That sucks though! I'm not taking any painkillers. Addictive personality.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 18, 2010,
Well I never got mine taken out, but you should have gotten some pain pills so that should make anything you do awesome.
Quote by Thrill-house
Well I never got mine taken out, but you should have gotten some pain pills so that should make anything you do awesome.

Yeah, they gave us Vicodin...

But I'm not a fan of taking any sort of pills that alter the way I feel. I don't know why, but I hate it and it makes me very uncomfortable. Even laughing gas, that just makes me nervous when I can feel it kicking in. Its weird... but thankfully it keeps me away from drugs/alcohol.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Quote by Adam124
A WEEK off school?

What are you? A pussy or something?

If you read what I wrote, you'll see that I said it didn't hurt very much. What are you? A retard or something?

Nah, I had a bit of extra time off because my swelling and bleeding was particularly bad. They told me they had a bit of trouble getting 2 of the 4 out. Besides, no one wants to go to school looking like a puffer fish.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
If you read what I wrote, you'll see that I said it didn't hurt very much. What are you? A retard or something?

Nah, I had a bit of extra time off because my swelling and bleeding was particularly bad. They told me they had a bit of trouble getting 2 of the 4 out. Besides, no one wants to go to school looking like a puffer fish.

My face FEELS like a freaking puffer fish... but it doesn't look like one... its weeEEEEeeEEIIIiiIIiRRRrrrDDDddd....

Not high.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Quote by UFhobo
My face FEELS like a freaking puffer fish... but it doesn't look like one... its weeEEEEeeEEIIIiiIIiRRRrrrDDDddd....

Not high.

If you only had them taken out this morning, you probably are a little high.

Quote by Scumbag1792
I got mine taken out last Saturday. The first couple of days were fucking hell, but I'm doing alright now. The swelling has isn't noticeable to anyone but me, although it's still annoyingly difficult to chew food. Hang in there, because tomorrow will be pretty bad for you.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
So... how's the vicodin?
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by RipeFlesh
So... how's the vicodin?

*whips out cane*

Is it lupus?
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Quote by UFhobo
Yeah, they gave us Vicodin...

But I'm not a fan of taking any sort of pills that alter the way I feel. I don't know why, but I hate it and it makes me very uncomfortable. Even laughing gas, that just makes me nervous when I can feel it kicking in. Its weird... but thankfully it keeps me away from drugs/alcohol.

Quote by Thrill-house

Well, they gave my mom the anti-biotics and Vicodin. So "us." My mom and I are a team. Its cool. Haha.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Quote by UFhobo
Well, they gave my mom the anti-biotics and Vicodin. So "us." My mom and I are a team. Its cool. Haha.

Oh, I thought maybe you got bored or something and popped a bunch of em and started hallucinating lol.
Quote by Thrill-house
Oh, I thought maybe you got bored or something and popped a bunch of em and started hallucinating lol.

Noooo. But I just took some Ibuprofen and some anti-biotics. I'm tripping balls bro.

But not really. I feel on the happier side though. Which is good.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Quote by UFhobo

Noooo. But I just took some Ibuprofen and some anti-biotics. I'm tripping balls bro.

Well at least your mouth isn't hurting which is a good thing.
Quote by UFhobo

Ibuprofen shouldn't leave you trippin' balls.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by UFhobo
Well, you're not supposed to do any form of smoking because of the 'sucking'. Just like you're not supposed to drink out of straws. So I'd advise against the pot thing. However, they did give me Vicodin, so I'm on that and that helps quite a bit.

As for the gas, yes, I got the 'happy gas' stuff and then they put me out. I DEFINITELY think you should get it. I'm not a fan of needles, so it makes that part easier, too. But I don't remember ANYTHING after they put the anesthetic in. My mom said that after I woke up, I asked for my cell phone and started texting people... and the surgeon guy asked me if I was sure I should be doing that because I wouldn't know what I'd be doing. And... he was right, I looked back through my sent messages and I don't remember sending any of them thankfully they weren't "bad" though.

Oh man I did the texting thing a few minutes after I woke up from surgery. Forgot to tell my ex that I was going in for surgery and the only word that she could make out in the text was "operation" she was terrified... I lol'd.
Quote by RipeFlesh
Ibuprofen shouldn't leave you trippin' balls.

No no, I was kidding

Quote by Thepoison92
Oh man I did the texting thing a few minutes after I woke up from surgery. Forgot to tell my ex that I was going in for surgery and the only word that she could make out in the text was "operation" she was terrified... I lol'd.

Hahaha. It woulda been great to see the message you sent again xD
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Last edited by UFhobo at Jun 18, 2010,
Quote by UFhobo
No no, I was kidding

Hahaha. It woulda been great to see the message you sent again xD

To be honest, after the anaesthetic wore off and I looked back at the text, I wondered how she'd managed to find "operation" hidden amongst the 'ghuoahivaoicnapowpeqnpasianciusbuigtoahitpdjpoasdhbuoap' the best bit was when she text back "What? What the **** have you done to yourself this time? You're such an idiot, please be okay..." and I had to reply again, that text was even more garbled than the first
Quote by Thepoison92
To be honest, after the anaesthetic wore off and I looked back at the text, I wondered how she'd managed to find "operation" hidden amongst the 'ghuoahivaoicnapowpeqnpasianciusbuigtoahitpdjpoasdhbuoap' the best bit was when she text back "What? What the **** have you done to yourself this time? You're such an idiot, please be okay..." and I had to reply again, that text was even more garbled than the first

Oooo....
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Yeah I just got mine out a couple weeks ago.
Just eat soup and drink stuff that isn't very cold.
I don't know about you but the day of I was in unbearable pain all day lol.
Quote by AlexanderJoseph
Yeah I just got mine out a couple weeks ago.
Just eat soup and drink stuff that isn't very cold.
I don't know about you but the day of I was in unbearable pain all day lol.

Nah, I'm feeling fine But then again, I am on some drugs they gave me...
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Quote by piratemetalhead

If you want the best, smoke some cloves. theyre heavy but they have the best numbing effects without actually causing instant issues. (like loss of feeling to where you cannot operate)
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
If you want the best, smoke some cloves. theyre heavy but they have the best numbing effects without actually causing instant issues. (like loss of feeling to where you cannot operate)

Yeah but... you aren't supposed to smoke for a while after this...
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Get some sceletium tortuosum.
Eat it/Keep it in your mouth for a while.
Numbs the pain, gets you high, and it's legal.
For a better/stronger high, smoke of snort it.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean
Get some sceletium tortuosum.
Eat it/Keep it in your mouth for a while.
Numbs the pain, gets you high, and it's legal.
For a better/stronger high, smoke of snort it.

Thanks for the advice and all, but I don't know if you've read my recent posts, but I don't drink or do drugs or anything of that type.

Again, I'm not trying to be negative but thanks again!
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday

Quote by slight☼return

Quote by J Mud
Page 1 of 2