Hi,
I've been trying to wrap my head around how to get the adjustable gain mod for my crybaby. Before I was just gonna put a pot with no off/on switch and that would be all but after long research I think it's better to have a DPDT kick switch to turn the boost on and off. NowI have know idea if my theory is correct or not and need help or verification if I'm by some chance correct. Heres my theory:

1- 4-
2- 5-
3- 6-
Leg one will be connected to the 500ohm pot(Two legs from it)
Leg four will have to wires attached to it to fit the holes of the empty resistor slot
Leg two will have both legs of the resistor connected to it
Leg five again will have wires attached to the empty slot
Leg three and six will be wired together as a jumper

A couple side notes:
I want the switch to be able to toggle from the boost(500ohm pot) and the stock resistor(470ohm) so I can easily go from boost to no boost at all.
Can I hook up a resistor to one leg of the switch even though the resistor has two and have the resistor still do it's job?
I will be taking out the 470ohm resistor and replacing it's spot with the four wires.

If any one has any help I will gladly take it!
Thanks,
Travis
Last edited by T-HO at Jun 19, 2010,
Let me get this straight. You want to switch between a pot and a resistor?
You're making it a lot harder than it needs to be.
You only need a DPST on/on switch. I'll try to spell it out for you.
You have three lugs. Two outside and a center.
1. Remove the resistor from the board so you have an empty spot.
2. Solder a wire from the middle lug of the switch to either hole in the empty resistor spot.
3. Solder one leg of the resistor to one of the outer lugs.
4. Solder the outer lug of the pot to the other outer lug of the switch.
5. Solder the loose end of the resistor to the middle lug of the pot. It's a good idea to solder a piece of wire from the middle lug of the pot to the unused outer leg. If the pot fails, the circuit won't be broken.
6. Solder a piece onto the middle lug of the pot (where you just soldered the resistor). Solder the other end of this wire to the other empty hole where the resistor was on the board.

One way you will have the fixed resistor and the other way you will have the pot.

Are you sure don't want to do this to the input resistor instead? Just a thought.
Last edited by Griffin Effects at Jun 19, 2010,
Well actually I'm doing both! In total I think I'm going to have 5 external pots and so far 1 switch. I'm now thinking about adding a second one. Is a DPST switch the stock switch that the crybaby has? Can I use a DPDT switch instead of a DPST switch? It's just a uncommon switch.
Thanks for the help!
I was just looking at a DPST switch and it has four lugs. Did you mix them up or is it supposed to be like this?
OK I have another question.
I've drilled one of my holes a little to close to the pcb. I turned it over and found that the piece of the pcb bloking has no leads by it. Just that solin green on the bottom. Can I cut that off?
Quote by T-HO
OK I have another question.
I've drilled one of my holes a little to close to the pcb. I turned it over and found that the piece of the pcb bloking has no leads by it. Just that solin green on the bottom. Can I cut that off?

Yes, you can.
I guess you could. Might be a little tough. I would probably use a hacksaw or jigsaw if you have one. Might be a little easier. If you have a drill, you can use a small bit and drill a series of holes close together in the shape you want to cut out and score it with your knife and it should pop right out.

I personally use tables saws and miter saws.
Can I have two inductors(Red and Yellow) on the same PCB board and a switch to toggle between the two? I've seen this with the stoc inductor and a red fasel but the guy got someone else to do it for him so he has no idea how to do it. Further more can I have 3 with a toggle? If you have a way to do this can you please give me instructions?

Thanks.
Last edited by T-HO at Jun 19, 2010,