looking for a program to overlook the band finances and stuff. anyone use one or know of a good one? doesnt have to be a complicated one...
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
I'm going to assume you're looking for something like this. It's just an Excel file used to keep track of finances.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I've used Visual Accounts which is pretty simple but you can tailor it to most needs. It works off images of the manual type forms like receipts, Bank cheques and deposits etc. I know it used to be on extended free trial and is pretty cheap anyway. Print-outs were dire but I expect that has improved in the last 8 years or so. Even so, they were legal and easy to understand. Sure, Page accounts or similar will do the job better but will take a lot more time to learn and use. And it'll set you back a few hundred.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Black Star
I'm going to assume you're looking for something like this. It's just an Excel file used to keep track of finances.

Hah thanks for linking that, I reformatted my computer and lost the original
Um... Excel is not free. You might not have paid for it directly, as many computers come with some version of Microsoft Office already installed, right along with a version of Windows, but it is most definitely not a free program.

If you want free spreadsheets, Open Office and Star Office are both, I believe, compatible with Excel, and you can actually open and create Excel documents with Google Docs. All of those are valid free options.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Um... Excel is not free. You might not have paid for it directly, as many computers come with some version of Microsoft Office already installed, right along with a version of Windows, but it is most definitely not a free program.

If you want free spreadsheets, Open Office and Star Office are both, I believe, compatible with Excel, and you can actually open and create Excel documents with Google Docs. All of those are valid free options.

CT

Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Web_Apps
thanks for the spreasheat and info but im looking for more of a program-type thing...

l
you might want to check out quickbooks which is a nice simple program used by lots of small businesses.
Quote by KYLE_2K
thanks for the spreasheat and info but im looking for more of a program-type thing...

....whatdya think a spread sheet is?
any program for it is just gunna be a fancy version of a spreadsheet with possibly less capababilities
seriously stick with open office or any other free spreadsheet software its easy to use and you can send the info around without people having to download a new program
k maybe i worded this wrong..
im not looking for spreadsheets, or spreadsheet software.

im looking for accounting programs

l
Okay, let's go backwards a bit....

What do you want this software to do?

If it is for keeping track of income and expenses and such, a spreadsheet really is your best solution. You create it exactly how you want it. Starting with someone else's spreadsheet - or whatever else - will just require you to customize it to suit your purposes anyways.

If you want something for filing your taxes, that's a whole other kettle of fish. What program you use is the least of your considerations.

I used FileMaker Pro for ours, which is a database, which is like a spreadsheet, only more complicated.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by KYLE_2K
k maybe i worded this wrong..
im not looking for spreadsheets, or spreadsheet software.

im looking for accounting programs

nope you worded it correctly but most accounting programs are based on spreadsheets if your looking for something with a tad more features have a look at something like microsoft access which is a pretty decent database software
but a spreadsheet will do the majority of what you want it to do