Does anyone have suggestions for a good practice combo amp for around $99-$150? I was looking at the Peavey Vypyr 15w, but from what I've heard of it, it doesn't have a good metal sound. Clearly I can't be too picky with this very low budget, but I want something that compliments my genre of music and my instruments.

I'd like one that has good effects for classic rock (like AC/DC and Lynard Skynard) and metal (like Dethklok). I usually use my Epiphone Les Paul for the classic rock and my B.C. Rich Warbeast for metal. I also looked at the Line 6 Spider IV 15w, but the reviews were less thrilling than the Vypyr's.
No Line 6 Spiders, stay away.

You'll most likely be happy with a Vyper.

Also check out a Roland Cube. R-Fier and Metal settings are quite nice on my 30X.. Also can get some classic overdriven tones from it.
Wow, I didn't even notice the Roland Cube. The effects options look great for me and the reviews are great too. Thanks, I might go with this one.
Quote by KillrAce
Does anyone have suggestions for a good practice combo amp for around $99-$150? I was looking at the Peavey Vypyr 15w, but from what I've heard of it, it doesn't have a good metal sound.
That' funny, because a good metal sound is it's best attribute.