Page 1 of 2
before I start: i do not ever intend on murdering anyone, this is just a discussion me and a few friends had.

So my friend thinks that he has the ultimate way of getting away with murder.
the basic requirements are:

-the person being killed must be totally random and must not have any relation or association or be in close proximity to the killer.
-gun (.22 calibers are easier to get unregistered like at a swapmeet, says my friend) must be unregistered
-very little time spent at the scene by the killer, like you get there, do it, then leave

What do you guys think is the likelihood of the killer being found?

i hope this thread is ok, if not then delete it
Well.......they are bound to find some trace of you, boot prints, hair etc. I suppose you could shoot someone and dump them in the ocean.
Hypothetically, where were you planing on committing this murder?

EDIT: also, the time and day would be nice.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Garrote wire -> boat -> ocean. Also the lack of association like you mentioned.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jun 19, 2010,
HOM-I-CIDE...it's easy as watching C-S-I!!!!
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
**** the gun, blowdarts filled with a lethal dose of liquid acid. by the time they realise theyve been hit theyll be tripping so hard they wont be able to get help or identify you. just shoot them in the neck with it from a safe distance then slip away
The only real, plausible, effective way to get away with murdering someone is making it look like manslaughter. And even then you are going in the slammer.
...In my opinion.
I'd say an untraceable weapon would be good, such as using an icicle *if you somehow don't get DNA on it*, a lack of association, and a good place to hide them. Ocean is a good idea because it eventually dissolves the body. Burying the body is good too if you can do it remotely. If the person has lack of a family, or lack of any connection to people, no one will call them missing if no one thinks of them.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
if you did TS's scenario it would best be done at night with nobody around (in a public place however), wipe the gun for prints afterwards and dump the gun. that way, nobody saw you, its hard to distinguish evidence such as prints or hair, and they have absolutely no way to trace back the gun to a name (assuming its unregistered or registered to someone else and bought confidentially).
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by lmlPezlml
**** the gun, blowdarts filled with a lethal dose of liquid acid. by the time they realise theyve been hit theyll be tripping so hard they wont be able to get help or identify you. just shoot them in the neck with it from a safe distance then slip away

There are no confirmed overdoses of LSD in history, so no one knows how much it takes to kill a human being.
Quote by dudetheman

Hmm. I've been thinking. So what if they find prints or something, if you aren't on record they can't find you, right?

I mean, aslong as you haven't been put on the system you are clear. You could jizz on the body and it would be cool.
What about murdering someone as they camp? YOu could hit someone hiking the AT and no one would realize they're gone for months, plus, you could drag their bodies for hundreds of miles to where the search teams wouldn't look / burn them / etc. And by the time anyone could find them, you could be all the way in Alaska and they'd have no way of knowing it was you (assuming you were careful enough in disposing of the bodies)
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by maggot9779
You could jizz on the body and it would be cool.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't say it was cool . It's bad enough jizzing on live random strangers, I hear it's a little disrepectful and frowned upon to try and fertilize dead people.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
My plan would be, lack of association to the victim, somebody suicidal, some on-the-spot weapon( icicle or something, as Zinnie said), few living relatives to the victim, and somewhere for me to go to out of state or country.
What about not touching the body at all? doesnt that increase your involvement with the scene?
Use a syringe of air in the vein of an unsuspecting person and walk away.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by Stugg334
I know what you mean, but I wouldn't say it was cool . It's bad enough jizzing on live random strangers, I hear it's a little disrepectful and frowned upon to try and fertilize dead people.

As long as no one sees you do it.

>.>

<.<
Quote by maggot9779
As long as no one sees you do it.

>.>

<.<

We've got ourselves a live one.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
22. Silenced, Long range, Random person, Unregistered (Or paper matching), Take only what you need leave Nothing behind, Or if in close range, Take body to a Pure lime pit (everything except plastic will be gone in 3-4 days) DONE. EDIT: Wear masks+Dark clothes+gloves+night=WIN!
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
one idea Ive had (mass murder wise, once again, its a thought experiment, I have no murdering thoughts). Lets say you wanted to litterally kill as many people as possible and you didn't really wish to get caught doing so. What if you went to a small town (like mine, for instance) one that is big enough to have a population worth killing, but not large enough to where most people would give a shit. Now, over a period of months, you very carefully plant very small, yet powerful explosives (microscopic, James Bond-like stuff, if something like that exists) on EVERY SINGLE house in the town, you must do just a few houses a night, to avoid being caught but before you are done, you have covered all of em (if your a good little terrorist, you'll keep a map and have it planned what houses you'll do in what order, and keep track of what you have left to do). Then, one day, when your all done, you quietly leave the town, and at a safe distance, trigger the explosives, leveling the entire town and killing everyone inside. All the evidence will be incinerated, and there won't be any eyewitness accounts, and the best part is that NO ONE will see it coming, so no one will know how to go about investigating it.
Quote by nmitchell076
What about murdering someone as they camp? YOu could hit someone hiking the AT and no one would realize they're gone for months, plus, you could drag their bodies for hundreds of miles to where the search teams wouldn't look / burn them / etc. And by the time anyone could find them, you could be all the way in Alaska and they'd have no way of knowing it was you (assuming you were careful enough in disposing of the bodies)

Unless they're hermits, someone would realize that they're gone within months. They might not be found for months, but people not realizing that they're missing? No way.
Quote by even deeper
What about not touching the body at all? doesnt that increase your involvement with the scene?

Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Unless they're hermits, someone would realize that they're gone within months. They might not be found for months, but people not realizing that they're missing? No way.

If they are hiking the AT, which in and of itself takes like 6 months, then that's plausible.
Quote by nmitchell076
one idea Ive had (mass murder wise, once again, its a thought experiment, I have no murdering thoughts). Lets say you wanted to litterally kill as many people as possible and you didn't really wish to get caught doing so. What if you went to a small town (like mine, for instance) one that is big enough to have a population worth killing, but not large enough to where most people would give a shit. Now, over a period of months, you very carefully plant very small, yet powerful explosives (microscopic, James Bond-like stuff, if something like that exists) on EVERY SINGLE house in the town, you must do just a few houses a night, to avoid being caught but before you are done, you have covered all of em (if your a good little terrorist, you'll keep a map and have it planned what houses you'll do in what order, and keep track of what you have left to do). Then, one day, when your all done, you quietly leave the town, and at a safe distance, trigger the explosives, leveling the entire town and killing everyone inside. All the evidence will be incinerated, and there won't be any eyewitness accounts, and the best part is that NO ONE will see it coming, so no one will know how to go about investigating it.

I'm pretty sure most places have CCTV. They'd be able to see you going around messing with peoples houses every night. You'd probably go on some kind of register for that.
Quote by nmitchell076

well for one, i have no clue if tiny explosives exist...much less getting your hands on them. next, even if the explosives were tiny, i doubt you are going to hide them on every house in the town without looking really suspicious...
Quote by maggot9779
I'm pretty sure most places have CCTV. They'd be able to see you going around messing with peoples houses every night. You'd probably go on some kind of register for that.

but if your disguised, and you choose a random set of houses every night, then you might not get caught (especially if you change your disguises)

See, this is not something that you do in a matter of weeks, this is something that could hell, take years. the point is is that you do just enough houses to make a little bit of advancement on it, and then you pull out for a bit and lay low so you kinda fade off the radar, then you slowly but surely start making your way to every house.
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by nmitchell076
but if your disguised, and you choose a random set of houses every night, then you might not get caught (especially if you change your disguises)

Hm. I guess if you also plant them in the CCTV headquater place you'd be home free. Sounds like a plan.
Quote by nmitchell076

So you could use nitroglycerin in its pure liquid form and have a switch on a bunch of plastic soda bottles that make a small electric battery powered motor strike the bottle and KER****EN...... (Nitroglycerin can be shock detonated and becuase it breaks down over time if it is left too long someone tapping on it can cause a violent powerful explosion)
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
"-the person being killed must be totally random and must not have any relation or association or be in close proximity to the killer."
but what is the point of killing someone that didn't hurt you in any way ?
Quote by hippie_guy
"-the person being killed must be totally random and must not have any relation or association or be in close proximity to the killer."

Your a sadistic, Disturbed, Little person

Thats why........
Quote by maggot9779

CCTV is pretty rare outside of businesses here in the US, especially in the little farm town where I live. I can easily see the majority of my town being rigged to explode without anyone noticing. Maybe not the gas stations, but that's about all.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
CCTV is pretty rare outside of businesses here in the US, especially in the little farm town where I live. I can easily see the majority of my town being rigged to explode without anyone noticing. Maybe not the gas stations, but that's about all.

There's a camera right outside my house....although there have been people killed here.....
Quote by hippie_guy

well there is no point. were just thinking of a way that you could do it without getting caught. and in order to eliminate a big help to authorities, you would have to not know the person
Quote by hippie_guy

It's your job...
Quote by maggot9779
There's a camera right outside my house....although there have been people killed here.....

Operative words "here in the US." As far as I know they are much more common in the UK than they are in the US. They're pretty rare here except inside businesses.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by STAN_THA_MAN
22. Silenced, Long range, Random person, Unregistered (Or paper matching), Take only what you need leave Nothing behind, Or if in close range, Take body to a Pure lime pit (everything except plastic will be gone in 3-4 days) DONE. EDIT: Wear masks+Dark clothes+gloves+night=WIN!

Burn all clothing including shoes.

Melt the gun.

Put on coolface.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

in fact, it seems so doable, that its kinda hard to imagine that something like this hasn't happened already..

I mean, if you think about it, pulling that off would probably be much easier then say, pulling another 9/11. And it would certainly send shockwaves through the nation. I'm sorry, no disrespect intended, but whole ****ing town missing > two buildings destroyed (i sincerely mean that in the least-dickish way you could possibly say that)
I usually find it works best when you stalk them a bit, get to know their routine, then sneak up on them and jab them in the neck with a tranquilizer. Once they are passed out you can take them to somewhere that's a bit out of the way. Then I set up plastic sheeting all around the room so that no evidence can be left behind. Wear gloves and an apron too. Killing them with knives/cleavers generally works quite well. Make sure you use the plastic to keep them in place though. Keep a bit of their blood for your collection too. Dunno why, but seems like a good idea. Then when they are cut up into nice pieces, wrap them in plastic, weigh them down and drop them off out in the ocean. Somewhere off Miami preferably.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
How good are the police at finding people anyway? If you just killed someone far away from where you live, at night, with a slienced weapon, and then just ran off, how could the possibly find you?
Page 1 of 2