Poll: What's wrong and what do i do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's wrong and what do i do?
The Satchurator sucks and go get another pedal.
4 11%
The Satchurator is a great pedal, it's your amp that sucks.
31 89%
Maybe your piece is defective.
0 0%
Voters: 35.
Guys, the other day i bought the Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator distortion, after a month of zeroing in on the perfect versatile distortion pedal through reviews, vids, demos, etc.
It's not exactly available in India, and i got a friend to get it for me from Japan.

The thing is, it's turned out to be nothing like i thought it was. It's not at all versatile and sweet sounding like they said it would be. All i can get is harsh sounding leads with too much treble, and too suppressed when tone is on low. And when gain is full, it sounds more like fuzz, less like strong, deep gain.

What do i do?
Is the pedal really like that, and i was fooled? And should i sell it off and get a new pedal?

Or could it be my amp that's not allowing the pedal to shine through?

Have any of you faced this problem with your Satchurator?

I urgently need help. And i'm pretty put off, since i spent every bit of my cash on it. :C
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
If you're still using the MG15... then it's ur amp.

Look into getting a 15watt valve amp or summin.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by julzius
If you're still using the MG15... then it's ur amp.

Look into getting a 15watt valve amp or summin.

Toodles!

You sure it's just the amp?
But is the Satchurator what they claim it is? A complete versatile sonic bomb?
Or do i still change the pedal for something more worth it?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
when you watch demos of anything, it will sound exactly the same as long as you have the same equipment and an ear to dial into the same tone

possible your mg15/zoom g2 is not a good match with a satchurator in the mix.

you could stick with the pedal, just make sure you upgrade to a more higher end amp.

(i thought the demos for the satchurator sounded good too
Quote by iampeter
when you watch demos of anything, it will sound exactly the same as long as you have the same equipment and an ear to dial into the same tone

possible your mg15/zoom g2 is not a good match with a satchurator in the mix.

you could stick with the pedal, just make sure you upgrade to a more higher end amp.

(i thought the demos for the satchurator sounded good too

I didn't use the Zoom at all.
And yeah, the demos made it look like the best overall distortion, not counting metal-only distortion pedals. :/
But then, they probably used Reverb and Eq and everything else with it.

But are you sure the Satchurator isn't a let down anyway?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
just try it in another amp, see what happens.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
EQ the saturator properly. also put all the EQ in ur MG at 12 o'clock.

On the satchurator, try the Gain at 3 o clock, tone at 10-12 o clock, volume to taste. and if u're using battery, make sure it's not almost dead.

Also try it in another amp, it could be ur MG.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
It's a decent enough pedal but it's not going to make a lot of difference to a crappy MG. It IS quite a trebly pedal and the EQ range isn't all that useful, there's only really a fairly narrow band that's useable. However it does what it's supposed to do, it's a modern-sounding distortion pedal that sounds Satchy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by holycow
EQ the saturator properly. also put all the EQ in ur MG at 12 o'clock.

On the satchurator, try the Gain at 3 o clock, tone at 10-12 o clock, volume to taste. and if u're using battery, make sure it's not almost dead.

Also try it in another amp, it could be ur MG.

This, pretty much.

I own a Satchurator and its great. You really need to put it through a decent amp, like with all boost/overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals. Also, the sweet spot for the tone control on the Satchurator is between 10-12 o clock like holycow said.
First of all it HAS only one knob for the tone. Not 3 Eq knobs.
Now i'm supposed to play it at the sweet spot.
Doesn't that mean it's capable of a grand total of ONE tone? :|

Um..?

But obviously, you guys are right about the amp part.
Tube amp needed, right?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Last edited by Ravenfaust at Jun 19, 2010,
By sweet spot I mean the usable range on the tone control.

Tube amp would definately improve your sound. What is your budget? Have you been to a local music store? What sort of amps do they have there?
Quote by Ravenfaust
First of all it HAS only one knob for the tone. Not 3 Eq knobs.
Now i'm supposed to play it at the sweet spot.
Doesn't that mean it's capable of a grand total of ONE tone? :|

Um..?

But obviously, you guys are right about the amp part.
Tube amp needed, right?

i mean the EQ on ur amp. Put it all at 12 o' clock.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
My budget's def $400, maybe stretchable to 500.

I live in India, so the choice isn't too much.
And there isn't any try and return policy either.

What they DO have:
Fender
Marshall
Laney
Vox
Peavey
Line 6

No bugeras or orange available. :/
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by holycow
i mean the EQ on ur amp. Put it all at 12 o' clock.

Okay.
Tried it.
Fail.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by Ravenfaust
My budget's def $400, maybe stretchable to 500.

I live in India, so the choice isn't too much.
And there isn't any try and return policy either.

What they DO have:
Fender
Marshall
Laney
Vox
Peavey
Line 6

No bugeras or orange available. :/

idk what prices are like, but check out
Laney LC series
Laney VC series
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Vox Night Train
Voc AC4
if those are too expensive, have a look at a Peavey Vypyr or a Vox VT30 - they aren't tube amps, but they're versatile for the price...

oh, and for the record I love the satchurator.
Quote by Ravenfaust
Okay.
Tried it.
Fail.

Obviously you'll need to experiment a bit. All knobs at 12 o'clock is just a starting point.

The stuff you listed:
Fender - Pro Junior, Blues Junior - might have to go used for those. Champion 600 is ultra cheap and good for what it costs, but doesn't compare to the PJ or BJ. I don't really know about the used market in India, but a Hot Rod Deluxe might be available.

Marshall - nothing in your price range.

Laney - LC15, VC15 - in Europe, these are fantastic value-for-money amps, dunno about the situation in India. There's also bigger versions (30w instead of 15w).

Vox - uhm... used AC15, maybe. The cheaper Voxes that are good are modellers, which I'd advise against for use with a distortion pedal.

Peavey - Windsor Studio, Valveking, Classic 30 used. Great value in the States, dunno about India again.

Line6 - only modellers, same problem as with Vox.

Say ts, are Blackhearts available? A BH5 or BH15 combo should work well for you.
Quote by TheQuailman
Obviously you'll need to experiment a bit. All knobs at 12 o'clock is just a starting point.

The stuff you listed:
Fender - Pro Junior, Blues Junior - might have to go used for those. Champion 600 is ultra cheap and good for what it costs, but doesn't compare to the PJ or BJ. I don't really know about the used market in India, but a Hot Rod Deluxe might be available.

Marshall - nothing in your price range.

Laney - LC15, VC15 - in Europe, these are fantastic value-for-money amps, dunno about the situation in India. There's also bigger versions (30w instead of 15w).

Vox - uhm... used AC15, maybe. The cheaper Voxes that are good are modellers, which I'd advise against for use with a distortion pedal.

Peavey - Windsor Studio, Valveking, Classic 30 used. Great value in the States, dunno about India again.

Line6 - only modellers, same problem as with Vox.

Say ts, are Blackhearts available? A BH5 or BH15 combo should work well for you.

Thanks a lot guys.
I JUST joined UG, and so many of you are being so nice and helping me out.

Okay. My music spans over several genres in each song. So i need something that can handle a lot of everything. You know, from folk, classical and neo classical, to post rock and shoegaze to blues and jazz to extreme metal.

And are the 15w tube amps good enough for gigging?
Because i'll need a gigging amp. Just got outta school with loads of free time and ambition. :p
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Last edited by Ravenfaust at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by wilmearz
Honestly dude the satchurator sounds pants through my mg and pretty sweet through my valve marshall... it is the amp.

Thanks!
Now, if you had to use only one distortion pedal for all the genres you played, would it be the Satchurator?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by Ravenfaust
Thanks!
Now, if you had to use only one distortion pedal for all the genres you played, would it be the Satchurator?

probably not, but if I had one distortion pedal for all the genres I played in the satchurators price range, it would be a satchurator.
Quote by Ravenfaust
Thanks a lot guys.
I JUST joined UG, and so many of you are being so nice and helping me out.

Okay. My music spans over several genres in each song. So i need something that can handle a lot of everything. You know, from folk, classical and neo classical, to post rock and shoegaze to blues and jazz to extreme metal.

And are the 15w tube amps good enough for gigging?
Because i'll need a gigging amp. Just got outta school with loads of free time and ambition. :p

If you need to play in front of a large audience without a PA system, a 15w amp will probably not have enough headroom (so you won't really get a clean tone). You usually will play with your amp mic'd and the PA providing the volume. But if you know you'll play in places without a PA a lot, a bigger amp is advisable.

Look at the Laney VC15 and VC30 if you need versatility. They've got a great clean channel and a lead channel that will give you a good rock tone. For anything higher gain, use the satchurator. The LC30 and Classic 30 are also a valid options here.

If you want something that's really loud, a Peavey Valveking is worth a try. The 50w version of it is loud and cheap, but does not sound as good as lower-wattage amps in it's price range.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
If you need to play in front of a large audience without a PA system, a 15w amp will probably not have enough headroom (so you won't really get a clean tone). You usually will play with your amp mic'd and the PA providing the volume. But if you know you'll play in places without a PA a lot, a bigger amp is advisable.

Look at the Laney VC15 and VC30 if you need versatility. They've got a great clean channel and a lead channel that will give you a good rock tone. For anything higher gain, use the satchurator. The LC30 and Classic 30 are also a valid options here.

If you want something that's really loud, a Peavey Valveking is worth a try. The 50w version of it is loud and cheap, but does not sound as good as lower-wattage amps in it's price range.

Someone told me they can source me an Orange Tiny Terror amp head.
Does that make sense? If i can get a decent cab?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
The TT is a one-trick-pony... it does not have much headroom and the distortion is pretty fizzy and muddy, which is okay for a stoner/sludge tone or '70s rock I guess. I don't think it suits the genres you mentioned earlier and I doubt using the satchurator will make it much better. Of course, you should try it out and see whether you like it yourself if at all possible, but I personally don't like that amp much.
+1 to the laney vc15/30.

also check out a peavey classic 30. a peavey valveking 112 is decent as well.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
In India, there's NO used equipment culture, atleast in stores and all.
Also, everyone uses combos. :/
And everything you guys stated is over 500 dollars in india, thanks to some crazy tax.
>.<
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Last edited by Ravenfaust at Jun 20, 2010,
I have it and love it, it kind of does sound like a mix between fuzz and distortion. It's your amp that sucks, get a valve amp and it will give you great tone.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

The only other option for you I guess is either save up some money and buy the cheapest suggested, or you can get a 5 watter like an AC4. Which I wouldn't do. Save up, buy something worthwhile.
meh
Quote by Gord@k
I have it and love it, it kind of does sound like a mix between fuzz and distortion. It's your amp that sucks, get a valve amp and it will give you great tone.

Great tone as in versatile multi-genreal stuff?
Or do i just get another pedal that'll serve me better and make do with my existing amp?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by get ta led out!
The only other option for you I guess is either save up some money and buy the cheapest suggested, or you can get a 5 watter like an AC4. Which I wouldn't do. Save up, buy something worthwhile.

Is 15watts enough live if mic'd well?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by Ravenfaust
Is 15watts enough live if mic'd well?

If mic'ed well, a 1/4 watt amp will sound good miced.

The thing you should be concerned about is headroom.

1/4 watt amp will start to have break up really early, like REALLY EARLY.
Where a 150 watt amp will stay clean at very loud volumes
This all has to do with the power amp section.

But a 15 watt amp is prefectly fine for gigging. Look at the Vox AC15 it seemed to do alright.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
what about a laney cub 12r? It's pretty cheap but nice. Cheaper than the Laney vc15.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by julzius
If mic'ed well, a 1/4 watt amp will sound good miced.

The thing you should be concerned about is headroom.

1/4 watt amp will start to have break up really early, like REALLY EARLY.
Where a 150 watt amp will stay clean at very loud volumes
This all has to do with the power amp section.

But a 15 watt amp is prefectly fine for gigging. Look at the Vox AC15 it seemed to do alright.

Toodles!

Okay. If i get a great 15 watt amp and a pretty good 30 watt amp at the same price, what should be wiser to buy?
I mean, will i outgrow my amp soon enough and be forced to upgrade within a year?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
I get the same feeling with my satchurator. Tried it through my MG15, sounded crap. Bought a Bugera V55, tried it again.....sounded crap. The More switch for me is almost completely unusable, considering how much freaking noise kicks in when I turn it on. Maybe we both have shitty units. Lol.
Quote by Ravenfaust
Okay. If i get a great 15 watt amp and a pretty good 30 watt amp at the same price, what should be wiser to buy?
I mean, will i outgrow my amp soon enough and be forced to upgrade within a year?

First of all, have you personally tried a valve amp anytime before? If yes, then did you turn it up & play to see how loud it can get?
The 15W tube is fine for small clubs, for medium sized clubs or live the 30W will be plenty.
Now if you like playing instrumental rock, classic rock & blues then the 15W will get you a good overdriven sound, the 30W might get too loud unless you play with a drummer that hits really hard or in larger venues where you can turn the amp up.

The satchurator pedal isn't going to get you high gain kinda sounds from an MG or most other amps. The pedal itself is good for stuff like satriani & basically instrumental rock, you know how satch's songs are, they aren't exactly grindcore metal. I wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for high-gain distortion pedal. Remember that in the demos Satch was using it through his Peavey JSX which you can't compare to the MG15 in any way possible

What you need to do is first try out some tube amps, the Laney LC series should be available easily. The VC series hasn't been introduced here in India yet. Among the LC series try all the three, the LC15, LC30 & LC50. Don't have to buy them, but just try them out. You'll get an idea about the amps distortion in them & how much more distortion you are looking for.

At $400 range there isn't anything at pro level or standard level that you can get in India, I mean for those that want rigs that major artists generally use live. The used market is non-existent as well...
What you can do is try to save up and build your budget to about $1000 to afford things here because of import taxes and stuff & even then its going to be a little difficult to find a dealer that sells the right stuff you want, so you'll have to turn to the internet & ship stuff from abroad.

Check this site out as well Link
The prices are less there & things are also genuine.
Quote by dahelunover
First of all, have you personally tried a valve amp anytime before? If yes, then did you turn it up & play to see how loud it can get?
The 15W tube is fine for small clubs, for medium sized clubs or live the 30W will be plenty.
Now if you like playing instrumental rock, classic rock & blues then the 15W will get you a good overdriven sound, the 30W might get too loud unless you play with a drummer that hits really hard or in larger venues where you can turn the amp up.

The satchurator pedal isn't going to get you high gain kinda sounds from an MG or most other amps. The pedal itself is good for stuff like satriani & basically instrumental rock, you know how satch's songs are, they aren't exactly grindcore metal. I wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for high-gain distortion pedal. Remember that in the demos Satch was using it through his Peavey JSX which you can't compare to the MG15 in any way possible

What you need to do is first try out some tube amps, the Laney LC series should be available easily. The VC series hasn't been introduced here in India yet. Among the LC series try all the three, the LC15, LC30 & LC50. Don't have to buy them, but just try them out. You'll get an idea about the amps distortion in them & how much more distortion you are looking for.

At $400 range there isn't anything at pro level or standard level that you can get in India, I mean for those that want rigs that major artists generally use live. The used market is non-existent as well...
What you can do is try to save up and build your budget to about $1000 to afford things here because of import taxes and stuff & even then its going to be a little difficult to find a dealer that sells the right stuff you want, so you'll have to turn to the internet & ship stuff from abroad.

Check this site out as well Link
The prices are less there & things are also genuine.

Dude, Bajaao costs quite a bit. I guess it's cheaper than the stores in India, but i got my Ibanez Weeping Demon wah from outside India at half the price.
Basically meaning they charge double here for it. :/
Japan: 11,000yen = 4,900 rupees
India: Rs 11,000, that too at bajaao.com

Uhhhh, i make multi-genreal music, with lots of tracks and overdubs and fills. So, for recording help and all, the amp matters.
And for live, i play the usual band stuff, not the stuff i record.

I basically bought this pedal thinking it'll help me with every area OTHER than metal. Y'know, so that i'd just have to buy one extra distortion pedal separately, that too for metal and super high gain stuff. I made quite a bad choice didn't i? I guess if fell for the gimmickry. Everyone was calling it the most dynamic, versatile pedal and all.

And what's the difference between the LC series and the LV series?
I can see that the LVs are a hell lot cheaper.
Maybe i'll get one of these and then try and save up for a year or so for something great?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by NakedInTheRain
I get the same feeling with my satchurator. Tried it through my MG15, sounded crap. Bought a Bugera V55, tried it again.....sounded crap. The More switch for me is almost completely unusable, considering how much freaking noise kicks in when I turn it on. Maybe we both have shitty units. Lol.

Dude, in between the over-inflated good reviews, i've been seeing reviews of people with the same problem we have.
Maybe Joe Satriani just robbed us all.

I guess most people buy this pedal just to imitate Satriani's tone and not as a usual distortion unit. Maybe that's why those guys are happy with theirs.
What do you think?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by Ravenfaust
Dude, Bajaao costs quite a bit. I guess it's cheaper than the stores in India, but i got my Ibanez Weeping Demon wah from outside India at half the price.
Basically meaning they charge double here for it. :/
Japan: 11,000yen = 4,900 rupees
India: Rs 11,000, that too at bajaao.com

Uhhhh, i make multi-genreal music, with lots of tracks and overdubs and fills. So, for recording help and all, the amp matters.
And for live, i play the usual band stuff, not the stuff i record.

I basically bought this pedal thinking it'll help me with every area OTHER than metal. Y'know, so that i'd just have to buy one extra distortion pedal separately, that too for metal and super high gain stuff. I made quite a bad choice didn't i? I guess if fell for the gimmickry. Everyone was calling it the most dynamic, versatile pedal and all.

And what's the difference between the LC series and the LV series?
I can see that the LVs are a hell lot cheaper.
Maybe i'll get one of these and then try and save up for a year or so for something great?

Actually that 11000yen=Rs.5584. Prices can change with economy, you are lucky if you got it cheap & well with taxes & import duties the price goes up gradually.
Did you buy it while traveling to Japan or did you have someone buy it for you?
Anyways, that site is same as the musiciansfriend website in US, so the prices are definitely cheaper than buying through a store.

If you haven't played live along with a complete band then that's different. That time volume & cutting through the mix becomes an issue. So for that 30W of tube power will be plenty, you can go to 50W but then it will be a problem in small or medium clubs when you try to crank it. Basically 30W should cover up gigging outside with a band, only thing while recording at home you'll need neighbors that can tolerate it. For recording purposes, a 15W tube or less is best because you can crank it without going deaf, although the 15W will still turn out to be really loud.
One more thing tube amps 15W & higher, don't usually come with an USB out so if that MG had one which you used to record through then it won't help with tube amps. That's something to consider.

With the Laney LC you won't be able to go high gain, not unless you have a good OD or distortion pedal, but even then it doesn't exactly get to high gain, for that the GH or VH heads are good since they are high gain amps.
The LV is an hybrid, its part tube & part SS amp, I wouldn't really recommend that one.

As for the Satchurator, well its designed more like a mid-gain distortion pedal, it will give you a sound kinda closer to Satriani's distortion sound but that is it & even for that you'll need a good clean sounding amp to start with. After all, its his signature distortion pedal that he uses live & for recording, so for the genres he plays, it works really well for him. You should have spent more time with it before buying it.
Another thing is that, your MG needs to go, if it was a bigger MG then well atleast the clean sound would be usable for distortion pedals i guess, but the MG15 is no good for that. Any box you put in front of it WILL sound like crap after a week of playing.
Here's something you might like to go through before you go to buy something new Amps & FX

My advice is, save up for something good, not necessarily great cause maintenance is costly later on & wait till you join a band to buy the right amp.
For recording & live, PODs & similar are good alternatives, research about them a bit.
And as far as multi-genres is concerned you definitely WILL need multi-gear, you can't use one for all, except maybe the Fractual Axe-fx but that costs $1800 & higher in US

Phew, that was a big post lol
LC and VC are full tube amps. The LV100 is a solid state amp with tube emulating circuitry. The LV200 and 300 has 1 ECC83 tube in it. That 1 tube doesn't really make that much of a difference. They're hybrid amps and that 1 tube is basically a marketing strategy to make people think "WOW it has a tube in it, it must be good!!!". Though it is better than ur MG. Just save up for a real tube amp. It'll be worth it. Or return the Satchurator if u can.

Just use ur Zoom and MG for now. I have a Zoom G1 which i use with headphones and can get nice sounds. I could tell u my settings if u want. I think the G1 and G2 are quite similar.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Apparently Satch runs the pedal on the clean channel of his signature amp.
Wow. Big deal. What's the point of a signature amp when all you'll do is run it on clean with through a SATCHURATOR?
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!