Is anyone else getting bummed out by the loud, invaise advertisements at the bottom of your search results on ug? FAR OUT!

Now, before I get the rational police harking about the 'real world' and how ug 'needs money to surive' etc etc.... Believe me, I know all about it. I just cant take it anymore! I view tabs on ug pretty much every day and after however long of having these intrusive advertisements telling me about "Pimples......It's complicated" or "I'm going to sit this one out have a sore throat" everytime I search for tabs I freaking out!

I'm not sure whether all users suffer the same pain, in Australia im getting hit with 2 ads at the bottom of every search page. Each ear piercingly as loud as one another, and its often the same ad playing at different stages or two entirely different ads blowing me away.

I know everyone needs bread to survive. But surely their are more humane alternatives? Having quieter ads? NOT HAVING TWO PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME? MORE INTERESTING ADS?
Last edited by shiney_moondog at Jun 19, 2010,
how about you use the bad ads forum and put in a complaint rather than whining about it here.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by shiney_moondog
because I'm afriad my knowledge of proper ug process is simply no where near as great as yours

Well, no problem, you can use the forum here , but first, read the rules about how to report bad adds here

This can also enlighten you more.

I read 'gay advertisements'.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Bingt
3 words.
add
block
pro

google it

This. Ive never experienced your so called horrifying adverts.
meh, it's just an add and they have mute buttons.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I'm sure you could set an ad blocker to specifically block that sound...if it doesn't block the ad to begin with.

Those ads are old as shit, adn I hate all banner ads that are made loud enough to hear over music.

Specially when i got my head phones up listenign to loud music
hearing damage yo.
They shouldn't have sound. It just makes me refresh the page, it's doing the opposite of what it's meant to.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
script block addon?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I'm Firefox and what is this?

This.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
I'm Google Chrome and here's my buddy Firefox:
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I'm Firefox and what is this?

TS, you suck!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jun 19, 2010,
Please shoot yourself
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I've used Firefox for years and never seen this "Ad blocker"
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I've used Firefox for years and never seen this "Ad blocker"

its called ad block plus or something. It totally legit, its a add on? i think.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Bad Ad thread.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown