Yo Guys,

Thought I would show off my 3 Metallica covers on here. I know other stuff by them but I can't pull of Kirk's solos at all. I've been playing since 15 Jan 2010. Any advice you guys can give to me on covers or want to request a song ask me.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/Alexhughes79
You should have tuned your guitar... I only watched 'The Day That Never Comes' so I don't know about the rest. But yeah, tuning is something that anyone can get right.

In terms of your playing, I suppose there's a bit of skill there... definitely keep practicing though.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Also, I have a request. You like Metallica right? Let's hear the song that Jack Black thinks is the world's greatest.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
very good for the amount of time you've been playing, though you need to learn how to hold power chords properly.
What an awkward way to play the opening riff to Seek and Destroy.
For the power chords, what am I doing wrong?

Where my fingers are or the fact that I play the 2 string notes instead of 3 strings?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MafOH2bltXE

It's a little sloppy coz I've been drinking.

EDIT: Thought you were mena post your own. Lol.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Last edited by Trey Spruance at Jun 19, 2010,
Master of Puppets was really bad, I understand that you just started playing, but get the timing right. Start out SLOWLY, and then you can nail the song. It seems you want to play faster than you really can. I also checked out your Day That Never Comes Solo and it was pretty good for the time you've spent on the guitar. Keep practising, learn things slowly at first, and then you'll grow.
Yeah
Tune the guitar, it sounds horrible.

Playing is alright, but why would you have to mention how many months you've been playing? Does it really matter?
I think you did a good job on all of them. I've been playing for a year and can't play as well as you can.

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)
Master of Puppets : The main riff during the verses, you're not palm muting the E string, looks like you're just alternate picking the E open. The hardest part of that riff is being able to play it with ALL smooth downstrokes WHILE palm muting the E string. So go back and practice doing that if you want to learn a classic metal song properly FIRST, before you go on to other more abitious songs.

Learning techniques like these are going to be the basis for your playing for the rest of your life, so learn it properly the first time, InMyOpinion.

PS:when the clean part starts @ 3:34, you can clearly hear your guitar's out of tune. Start there next time, otherwise everything else is irrelevent.

Otherwise, good job and keep it up.
It's good for 3 months

Try to stretch your fingers abit more, your moving your hand way too much on the seek and destroy intro and master intro(0.22 and forward).