I am creating my own custom build and would like to put my own name on the headstock

What is the best way of doing this?

I tried to create a stencil but it was so difficult to cut out correctly that it would have looked wrong.

Maybe a website where you create your own stickers?

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Thanks
got any friends that are good at art? have them paint it on then gloss over it? if you use google you'll probably find a website that does custom stickers.
I don't think I have a friend who is arty enough for that

I have seen a few sites where they will print stickers fairly cheap but they all have white backgrounds. The sticker ideally just needs to be the text
You can buy waterslide decal paper (clear or white) on eBay, it works ok but you will need to clear coat it.
you could use like a dremel drill with a router attachment thingy and carve out your name and fill it with Mother of Peal or something along those lines
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by M_16A
you could use like a dremel drill with a router attachment thingy and carve out your name and fill it with Mother of Peal or something along those lines

That would be wicked, but sounds a bit too much for my abilites. Something basic will do me for the logo
Ordered some waterslide paper. Only cost a few pounds for a couple of sheets so hope it works well. Worth a try anyway
Quite often, if there is a Vinyl works near you (one that does stickers for cars etc), they can pop your design on the end of someone elses.

They can cut a mask, so that you can apply it, remove the text, spray your design, then peel off the mask.

Get a few done.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
Quite often, if there is a Vinyl works near you (one that does stickers for cars etc), they can pop your design on the end of someone elses.

They can cut a mask, so that you can apply it, remove the text, spray your design, then peel off the mask.

Get a few done.

This so hard. So. So. Hard.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by Skeet UK

Get a few done.

Thanks. I will try it myself first and consider that if it doesn't work out as I want
Quote by truespin
This so hard. So. So. Hard.

What is hard about it?

- "Excuse me. Do you think you could make some masks for me, with this text on?"

- "Why yes Good Sir, I do believe I can...here you go!"

- "Thank you kindly. I shall stick this on my headstock, peel out the letters, spray some paint, peel off the mask, then clear coat it, for that professional touch."

- "That sounds spiffing. Glad I could be of service...that will be two bits please."
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
What is hard about it?

- "Excuse me. Do you think you could make some masks for me, with this text on?"

- "Thank you kindly. I shall stick this on my headstock, peel out the letters, spray some paint, peel off the mask, then clear coat it, for that professional touch."

- "That sounds spiffing. Glad I could be of service...that will be two bits please."

Comedy.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Quote by Skeet UK
What is hard about it?

I believe the point was missed.
"This so hard."
Roughly translates to "I agree very strongly with this idea based upon experience."
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H