Hello Guys, I discoverd that I have a problem that I dont really know how to solve...
I hate playing with metronome but I decided to do it theese last days to get my timing better....

This is an example of my problem : I can play straight 4/8/16th notes on a open string/same note perfect but as soon i start playing around with my righthand I f*ck up and the timing becomes awfull.

Just to explain a bit more of the problem, The songs I can play for example Enter sandman which I can play perfect, but If I try to play it solo with a metronome its really hard :S

Sry for bad expliantion and english!
Yeah, that explanation was fairly bad. I would suggest that you play slowly and speed it up, so you get better and better while playing in time.

And you need to practice... there's no shortcut to gaining expertise.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Hmm I get you but let me xplain it more simple...

For example: If I know a song and play it while listing the song my timing is perfect but if I play with a metronome only the timing is rly bad...
how can I practice when my timing with metronome is totally off? but perfect with music :S
It is probably the phrasing and accents that you're having problems with if they aeren't in the right place you will be off with the metronome.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Zooku
how can I practice when my timing with metronome is totally off? but perfect with music :S

Set the metronome to a slower tempo, and use your hands to clap out the notes. The problem you're having is that you're not familiar w/ where the beats fall in relationship w/ the notes.
my friend has this problem but unfortunatly he never got over it. i guess i used to ne like that. i just listen to the music alot and i got rythm in my soul...lol my advice, count it in your head. One Two Three Four as you playing. eventually youll be able to stick tight to different rythms.
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
Try major and minor scales along with the metronome. Start first with one octave, then two. And maybe with two rings per tone. Switch it up.

Also use the spider exercise, will help tons. And also try this exercise I invented.

o--7---5-8-6
o-5-8-6-----7