http://www.myspace.com/griftegrd

The closest I can describe these guys' sound is 'Watching From A Distance' mixed with 'Mournful Cries'. Brilliant Swedish doom metal, with a strange, almost religious atmosphere. For anyone who may be turned off by a band that sounds like Warning (Azurenight perhaps ), fear not - the vocals here are a lot more in line with classic doom. I cant really describe them in greater detail, as I am horribly hungover. But I guarantee itll be one of those bands where you hear an interesting track, think nothing of it, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, get an urge to listen to it again.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
You prick. I had this band wrote down on a note card with a slew of other bands I was gonna make a thread on. But good stuff right here. Musically, I'm also reminded a bit of the slower parts of Rev. Bizz. with the emotional impact of the aforementioned Warning. Solemn, Sacred , Severe is a class album nonetheless!
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
How many of those bands will be ones that I also had planned to make threads on

And yeah some of the RevBiz material like 'Hour of Death' and 'Strange Horizon' definitely has an influence on these dudes. Seeing them live at Dublin Doom Day, cant wait!
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
The closest I can describe these guys' sound is 'Watching From A Distance' mixed with 'Mournful Cries'.

brb suiciding

But yes, this band rules. Just listened to The Mire, and I think i'll listen to some more.
Quote by severed-metal
brb suiciding

But yes, this band rules. Just listened to The Mire, and I think i'll listen to some more.

Anyways. Superior doom? That both Penis and Strangles love?

I'm in.
Good stuff lads! Spread the slow.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
This is exactly what I need right now. Strangles my man I hope you're attending Black Mass Ritual Fest III so I can fuel your drinking habit.

Also yay MySpace.

*listening to the mire*
Ad pop up: "OMG Disney!"

Why must ads have volume...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
damn, there wasn't a thread on em? Superb stuff, these guys are great.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by VampireGoldfish
This is exactly what I need right now. Strangles my man I hope you're attending Black Mass Ritual Fest III so I can fuel your drinking habit.

Also yay MySpace.

*listening to the mire*
Ad pop up: "OMG Disney!"

Why must ads have volume...

Apologies chap, I couldn't afford the trip with paying for car insurance this year. We shall skull pints someday yet!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Holy shit! listening to this is like looking at Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend.... From A Distance seewhatididthere
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Ok it was pretty good, but it was far too lacking for me to listen to it regularly. The vocals are by far the best part. Epic, but almost....tortured. The riffing is atrocious though. I mean it isn't horrible, but it drudges along at an almost funeral doom pace. I feel like I've heard all these riffs hundreds of times before.

Boring.

But then again I may just not be in the mood for this kind of...epic funeral doom? I'll give it another shot later. LOVED the vocals though.
Vocals are what makes it for me. Its a quare beast of an album alright, It took me a month or two to get into it - then there was the whole buzz with them playing over here etc etc so I checked them out again and bam!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Then BAM! Two in the hole and one around the front!

amirite?

These guys just got me back into doom. Been listening to as much doom as my computer will hold.
I prefer two in the goo, one in the poo myself...

For some reason I had an image of your computer as an ancient oaken casket with just one big rune that says 'play'. Thats when you know your computer has enough classic doom.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
This is up there with Watching From A Distance. Real oppressive, religious atmosphere....their split 7'' with Count Raven is out soon too.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I am intrigued.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Are you lumping it in with Watching from a Distance? or are you just mildly hinting at a few traits?

Although most things reminiscent of that Watching from a Distance are probably worth checking out. I can't wait though. Well, I can.
Holy shit, upon listening to this Solemn, Sacred, Sever, I;m pleasantly surprised to note that it is one of the best Doom albums I've ever heard. I think it's way better than Watching from a Distance. Leaps and bounds, though Watching from a Distance is great.

Punishment and Ordeal is flawless.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Excellent wine and Griftegard tonight. Doesn't get better than this.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
What wine man? I sure as hell hope it's red...

I myself got an awesome merlot a few days ago.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I found that extremely boring. The instrumentation was just bland and didn't offer anything, and the vocals sounded like a lesser Matt Bellamy at points.

Meh.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
What wine man? I sure as hell hope it's red...

I myself got an awesome merlot a few days ago.

Chateau Fourcas Dumont, 2006, Bordeaux...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
'Watching From A Distance'

Shut up and take my money.

Quote by Stranglehold
For anyone who may be turned off by a band that sounds like Warning

Who are they? I'll fucking kill them.
I've given Solemn, Sacred, Severe a few listens now. It's ****ing brilliant. I'll always listen to this with Watching From A Distance And Sorrow and Extinction.