You guys know of any albums or songs recorded all with the Dual or Triple Rectifier? Even if it's one of your bands. Tell me about them. Give me a link or something. I just want to hear some post production music with the recto on it.

Thanks
I think most BTBAM albums were done with Mesa Dual Recs...bar the latest album
also
Painted in Exile - Revitalized EP
http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist/art_gall.php start by searching dual/triple rec, and then you can search to see if they recorded with it...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
If I remember correctly, Mokoma's Kurimus album is recorded with a dual rec, and I consider it to be a very good example on the dual rec tone.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
metallica mostly used mesa before hammett moved to randall. not sure what hetfield is using now.
Quote by ikey_
metallica mostly used mesa before hammett moved to randall. not sure what hetfield is using now.

I know Hammett used the Mark series a lot, but I'm not sure about the rectifier.
If you're looking for a non-metal sound, Weezer's Green Album was nothing but Dual Recs.
Just about every korn song , mid-period blink 182 and linkin park
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

Ibanez rgr321ex
Epiphone SG special
Peavey bandit 112
ibanez tube king tk999ht
Kustom dart 10fx
Vox pathfinder
digitech grunge
All of Rammstein's albums were recorded with a Dual Rect. Richard Z uses them, Paul uses Powerball's last I heard. Try Ich Tu Dir Wen or Sonne if you want to hear what a Recto can do.
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
for my old band in NM, I recorded 2 of our CD's with a dual rec... they're still playing a little bit now, though now its like a bastardized version of the band lol

http://www.myspace.com/oldmanshattered

listen to "disassembled" "lost and aware" and "without you" (though skip ahead the first minute in that last song, it has an extended choral intro)
BFMV used double/triple recs, didn't they?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by fbeckinsale
All of Rammstein's albums were recorded with a Dual Rect. Richard Z uses them, Paul uses Powerball's last I heard. Try Ich Tu Dir Wen or Sonne if you want to hear what a Recto can do.

Richard's Rectifiers are Voodoo modded, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Richard's Rectifiers are Voodoo modded, though.

Ohh right, forgot about that not sure how much that changes the sound, it still sounds like a Recto
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Does it really matter? CDs are processed to the max, even if they used Rectos on the album, you're not going to hear what it really sounds like

If you want to hear what an unprocessed, raw, 2-channel Recto sounds like, listen to the clip in my profile.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by GoIrish668
BFMV used double/triple recs, didn't they?

Padge does (though I think he recently switched to a JSX). Matt is the one with the 6505.

OT, I think Paramore used them on their first two albums (they use Marshall DSLs live though.)

I think AFI's Jade Puget has used them before (though he now uses a Diamond Nitrox).

Disturbed's Dan Donegan has used them in the past too if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jun 19, 2010,
Does it really matter? CDs are processed to the max, even if they used Rectos on the album, you're not going to hear what it really sounds like

Very true. Playing on a Rectifier is not going to sound like multiple guitars parts layered together and soaked with high-end studio reverb.

Anyway, I think that all of the Type O Negative albums were recorded on Recitifiers, although Dead Again might have been done on a Triaxis. Of course you still have to figure out which sounds are bass, keyboard, or guitar, because they all sound like each other at times.
Even if only Dual or Triple Rectifiers were the only amps used to record a song or album, there are still more variables that you have to consider. I have a Single Rectifier and I can tell you from experience. I guess these things are true of most amps though. Anyway, pickups can have a pretty big affect as well as the speakers in the cab. With the same amp settings, my EMG 81 sounds alot different than the Gibson 500T that was in my V and the Seymour Duncan JB that's in it now doesn't sound anything like either one of them. I've also used different types of speakers and different size cabs. They all affect the way it sounds.
Quote by Alex Vik
Hetfield's using Diezel VH4s now.

he still has a number of Mesa Triaxis's in his rig
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Quote by mrb1946
You guys know of any albums or songs recorded all with the Dual or Triple Rectifier? Even if it's one of your bands. Tell me about them. Give me a link or something. I just want to hear some post production music with the recto on it.

Thanks

Why?

Are you going to buy an amp or no?