I saw an ad for an Ibanez acoustic electric on Craigslist, and the guy claims it's a Joe Satriani "prototype" from around 2007, and that only 100 were made. He sent me some pics and it doesn't look like JS's sig acoustic (different cutaway and headstock graphic), but I don't know if they indeed made a special run of 100 that was different than his sig now.

Anyway here are some pics. It looks almost identical to this...http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEG10E-Cutaway-AcousticElectric-Guitar-?sku=519982 Is this indeed a JS prototype or just a scam for a cheap A/E? He's asking 200 but I can probably talk him down to 150, not sure if it would still be worth it though...

Thanks for the help, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I am not sure, but I would assume you have asked for the serial number, and have went to Ibanez customer service, and verified his story. It's real simple to do this, and maybe will take about an hour for an email response from someone at Ibanez Archives.
Quote by charles_ebarb
I am not sure, but I would assume you have asked for the serial number, and have went to Ibanez customer service, and verified his story. It's real simple to do this, and maybe will take about an hour for an email response from someone at Ibanez Archives.

I already asked for an SN, and I'll try the Ibanez site, thanks
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by edbert
I already asked for an SN, and I'll try the Ibanez site, thanks

No problem! Too many times, when I find something on ebay, that someone MIGHT be trying to sell of as a "Famous Artist Owned" this is the quickest and easiest way to verify it, because the Makers of the equipment will have it on file, for the artist, just in case anything happens and it turns up on ebay.....stolen. =/ (Hey! it happens!)
Looks really similar to my TCY10 but not quite the same.

That's probably the most unhelpful comment ever...