Alright, so I've decided on getting a Dual Rectifier very soon and I'd rather not pay $950 for a Mesa cab. So I have been looking around I have decided to either go with a Vader cab or an Avatar cab. I play a lot of metal and hard rock, but I also want a nice clean tone. With the vader cab being more of a metal cab, will the clean tones still sound good? When I saw that you could pick your speakers in the Avatar cab I immediately thought "oh, I can get a Mesa cab for $499 with a different logo on the front," because the Mesa cabs use Vintages 30's and that is an option for the Avatars. So what would you guys suggest? Go with a Vader? Or an Avatar with V30's (which is in the Mesa cab)?
A cab is more than just speakers. Construction and materials are also a big part of what you pay for.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
A cab is more than just speakers. Construction and materials are also a big part of what you pay for.

this guy.

Avatar cabs are great budget cabs for the price. But there are much higher quality cabinets. Vader being a great brand for metal, their speakers are custom made by eminence for them. Great construction too. But a much higher price tag.
Alright. So with that said.. I'm sure Vader cabs are built very well. I can afford either. I'm just looking for the cab that is going to sound the best for the Rectifier in both the clean and heavy tones.
if you want a good budget solution avatar with v30s. I haven't heard the vader cabs so I don't know.

the mesa cab is constructed much better then the avatar though so it's not really the same thing.
also a used mesa cab loaded shouldn't cost you more then 400.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
From the Vader FAQ on thier website:
Quote by Vader
Will these cabs sound good for other types of music other than metal?
Yes. I know of 2 blues players off hand that use these cabs and love 'em!! The 12 inch speakers we use are similar to a modeling speaker, so they are meant to sound good with many differant types of eq settings including clean tones. Again clarity is key...

do you want gut shots?

i like their speaker selection better than vadar or mesa

they have their own branded broken in Celestions called Hellatones. Check it.

contact Dave there and ask. I got a 212 trad closed back with my choice of Celestions for $400 shipped.
Quote by Chaosinborn
this guy.

Heyyy someone agrees with me. Wootwoot.

/ignoremei'mdrunk.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Mills Acoustics cabs

/thread
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Mills Acoustics cabs

/thread

You Sir/Kitty win this thread

+54358481
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
You Sir/Kitty win this thread

+54358481

thank you.

the cabs are pricey though
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
thank you.

the cabs are pricey though

Yeah. I don't think I'm gonna be able to afford them. I will definitely have to try one some point down the road though.
I wouldn't go with Vader if you are going to use it for recording mixes. It doesn't sound too hot mic'ed up. Otherwise, people generally like them.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
consider buying a cab used as well... i bought a used 1990 Marshall 1960ax with English greenbacks for $300...