Page 1 of 2
I know they are already MASSIVE now, but I see Paramore becoming even bigger in the current decade of the 10's. They are going to be the Green Day of the 10's.

Also, what other new bands do you see making it big (either in the metal scene or the mainstream... I say metal scene because, well, metal is never mainstream unless it's Avenged Sevenfold and the like). A small band right now that I see becoming big in the next year would be Twenty Twenty (not to be confused with the 80's band, "20/20".
This will start a RIOT! in me
Pulled Apart by Horses
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
What an odd use of the word Massive with a band like Paramore.

EDIT: Green Day are considered massive? They released a painfully generic overall "meh" album this year and that was it.
I thought" massive" was a relative thing and not just a big deal between a certain fanbase.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Last edited by CaptainBumout at Jun 19, 2010,
Young Guns, Deaf Havana, The Blackout, Enter Shikari and Kids In Glass Houses.

Definately Young Guns though, they are growing at an exponential rate.

Maybe 30 Seconds to Mars.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Twenty Twenty are shite man

And Paramore aren't going to be the Green Day of the "10's" or I hope they won't be
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by CaptainBumout

Where are we going with this?

I also feel that I should also say that All Time Low are going to get a lot more popular too.
Quote by CaptainBumout

Well they are getting more and more popular, I hadn't even heard of them 6 months ago.
Gaga will stay prominent throughout, I think.

edit: If theatrical singing is making a comeback, Adam Lambert's up too.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 19, 2010,
Justin Bieber

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Spice Girls. 'nuff said.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by hobson111
Well they are getting more and more popular, I hadn't even heard of them 6 months ago.

I wouldn't say more and more, they did that Riot album had abit of a phase and then died down when they supposedly broke up or took a break and have released same old, personally shitty songs since then.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Pungent Stench are gonna break in to the mainstream.

Mark my words.

brurururuururru! Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Blink is going to get big again when they release their new album.
    Gear:
    ----------------------
    Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
    Ibanez Gsa 60
    ----------------------
    Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
    ----------------------
    Blackheart Little Giant
    Quote by padgea7x
    And Paramore aren't going to be the Green Day of the "10's" or I hope they won't be

Why not?

Quote by Trey Spruance
    Spice Girls. 'nuff said.

You're wayyy in the past man .
    30 Seconds to Mars get's my vote. ****ing incredible live.
    Gear
    Bugera 6262 Head
    Harley Benton G212 Vintage
    Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
    ESP LTD DJ600
    Fender USA Stratecaster
    Maxon O808
    TC Electronic Flashback Delay
    ISP Decimator
    MXR 10 Band EQ
    Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
    Quote by Got Guitar?
    Justin Bieber

You're probably right, if he can keep his career going when his voice breaks. He just needs to keep putting out songs of the quality he does now.
    I think Living Dead Lights might make a massive breakthrough sometime soon.
    I doubt anyone's even heard of them yet, but I know people will like it once they hear it
    Quote by jibran
    I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
    how the f*ck should i know?
    Quote by asator
    YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
    Quote by Paramore.

I also feel that I should also say that All Time Low are going to get a lot more popular too.

I also feel that I should also say that you are alsowfully wrong.
    hello
    For the metal world i am seeing this band 2Cents's rising up, seen them quiet a few times on tour with 5FDP and Shadows Fall and they are so damn good at putting the crowd into a frenzy, they are gona rise up soon i just feel it
    Quote by genghisgandhi
    Paramore sucks.

haterz gonna hate
    Gear
    Bugera 6262 Head
    Harley Benton G212 Vintage
    Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
    ESP LTD DJ600
    Fender USA Stratecaster
    Maxon O808
    TC Electronic Flashback Delay
    ISP Decimator
    MXR 10 Band EQ
    Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
    Quote by Paramore.
    Why not?

Some people want less generic music polluting the airwaves?
    Paramore isn't massive.

I hope there's a huge revolution of sorts in culture. We're just about due.

And if so.... I will lead the way.
    Oh, you DO want a free demo?
    30 Seconds To Mars geared themselves to become the next U2 with their new album.
    Much to my dismay, Coheed & Cambria will. I'm glad they're getting more recognition, but I don't want them to have to deal with the pressures of a mainstream audience.
    Metal wise?

Evile

I swear to you all, when that shit breaks into the metal scene in the USA...

Most definitely

Quote by 666IronDeth666
    For the metal world i am seeing this band 2Cents's rising up, seen them quiet a few times on tour with 5FDP and Shadows Fall and they are so damn good at putting the crowd into a frenzy, they are gona rise up soon i just feel it

^ Them too
    Quote by genghisgandhi
    Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
    Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
    ||
    |'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
    |__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Last edited by Fadetoblack5:03 at Jun 19, 2010,
    I think after they release their 5th album in 2011, Trivium is going to be the metal band to beat. They've really grown up quite a bit, and I think they will be shutting up a lot of the haters in the next year.

Also, I think the band 2cents will probably get a bit bigger. They are really small right now, but when I saw them live they blew me away. They're touring with some big acts too. I know in the fall they will be with Clutch, Children of Bodom, and Black Label Society. Its an odd mix, but sounds like a blast!

EDIT: Damn, I was beat on the 2cents thing. Glad someone agrees
    Last edited by hildesaw at Jun 19, 2010,
    Quote by duggyrocks
    Muse will grow bigger and bigger until they fully engulf all other forms of entertainment

Yep. I wonder how long Bellamy can hit those notes though
    Quote by genghisgandhi
    Paramore sucks.

Oh, I would respect your opinion... if you weren't so highly of yourself. You could have just said you don't like them.

Quote by opc100
    I also feel that I should also say that you are alsowfully wrong.

And why would THAT be?...
    I don't see Paramore getting big this decade. Band wise I haven't seen any bands that are single driven enough to stay on top since many bands still write songs more for an entire album which is becoming more and more of a dead format across all ranges.

The music world is being taken over by the techno driven music of euro-pop and electronic beats.

I at the moment can't think of a band that will put out enough catchy singles to make them "ON top". So its my belief some newer band will come out of no where and sweep the pop charts and therefore be on top.

As far as the metal scene goes I think it'll also be a newer band. One with a mix of screaming and clean vocals along with god musician ship. In my mind I picture a cross between A7x and Killswitch engaged with maybe a younger type of sound. (so really nothing really new there since its already tons of bands out there like that.)
    I think there is also a glimmer of hope for Prog metal bands but peoples brains seem to be shrinking or something I wouldn't count on it.
    if they get even better than Homesick, then A Day to Remember is going to be HUGE
    NOPE
    Page 1 of 2